Unique climbing graphic-tees

Post climbing gear-related questions, offer advice. For classifieds, please use that forum.
itchshirts

Re: Unique climbing graphic-tees

by itchshirts » Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:57 pm

Marcsoltan

by Marcsoltan » Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:23 pm

itchshirts wrote:That is some kind of my homage to the Trad Climbing and Climbing Pitons! I like Trad Climbing a lot and Clean Climbing as well. Actualy, I guess I like Clean Climbing more than Trad but I just adore the sound of Pitons :).

As an old timer who has done many years of trad climbing, with or without pitons, clean climbing, and yes, sport climbing, I need to clarify something.
1- Trad climbing refers to placing your own protection regardless of the kind. Your protection can be pitons, before the invention of nuts and cams, or nuts and cams, or a combination of both.
2- Clean climbing refers to "hammerless" climbing. Another words you place only nuts and cams. Using the existing pitons, placed before you is allowed. It's still clean climbing.
3- Sport climbing is when you clip bolts and go.

BTW1, cool T-shirts! I wish I still had a body like the models in the photos.
BTW2, I like the sound of pitons too when you know they are solid. One little tap and they ring like, well, security!

itchshirts

by itchshirts » Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:25 pm

Marcsoltan wrote:
itchshirts wrote:That is some kind of my homage to the Trad Climbing and Climbing Pitons! I like Trad Climbing a lot and Clean Climbing as well. Actualy, I guess I like Clean Climbing more than Trad but I just adore the sound of Pitons :).

As an old timer who has done many years of trad climbing, with or without pitons, clean climbing, and yes, sport climbing, I need to clarify something.
1- Trad climbing refers to placing your own protection regardless of the kind. Your protection can be pitons, before the invention of nuts and cams, or nuts and cams, or a combination of both.
2- Clean climbing refers to "hammerless" climbing. Another words you place only nuts and cams. Using the existing pitons, placed before you is allowed. It's still clean climbing.

BTW1, cool T-shirts! I wish I still had a body like the models in the photos.
BTW2, I like the sound of pitons too when you know they are solid. One little tap and they ring like, well, security!

Thanks Marcsoltan!
I appreciate Your comments and I agree. I would like to bit more explain my design.

1. Trad climbing today refers to placing your own protection without damaging a rock.
2. Once before Trad has refer to placing your own protection regardless of the kind as long as idea of "rock-harmless" has climbing showed up. As soon as idea of Clean climbing (rock harmless climbing) showed up, Trad climbing has become sort of "old fashion" climbing with pitons and hammers and rock damaging.
3. With the time, gradually, meaning of Trad climbing changed so today Trad, as you said, refers to "hammerless" climbing, or, in other words, Trad today means "rock-harmless" climbing.
4. There are many other differences between Clean Climbing and Trad climbing but today, looking on it from the aspect of using hammer and pitons, both means the same: NO pitons!

I fell like pitons, which serves us well for a years, today are unfairly sentenced to oblivion! :) My t-shirt (I guess you noticed a "retro" look? :)) refers to placing your own protection, regardless of the kind (but if you have pitons only you will use pitons :)) while leading - Traditional (Trad) style of climbing!.

Please correct me if I'm wrong and once more, thanks a lot for a comments!

Cheers,
Perica

Damien Gildea

by Damien Gildea » Sun Dec 07, 2014 5:44 am

itchshirts wrote:
Marcsoltan wrote:
itchshirts wrote:... I need to clarify something.

1. Trad climbing today refers to placing your own protection without damaging a rock.
2. Once before Trad has refer to placing your own protection regardless of the kind as long as idea of "rock-harmless" has climbing showed up. As soon as idea of Clean climbing (rock harmless climbing) showed up, Trad climbing has become sort of "old fashion" climbing with pitons and hammers and rock damaging.
3. With the time, gradually, meaning of Trad climbing changed so today Trad, as you said, refers to "hammerless" climbing, or, in other words, Trad today means "rock-harmless" climbing.
4. There are many other differences between Clean Climbing and Trad climbing but today, looking on it from the aspect of using hammer and pitons, both means the same: NO pitons!

Please correct me if I'm wrong ...

You're wrong. Completely wrong. Marcsoltan's comments are 100% correct.

Nice shirts :-)

itchshirts

by itchshirts » Sun Dec 07, 2014 1:51 pm

Damien Gildea wrote:
itchshirts wrote:
Marcsoltan wrote:
itchshirts wrote:... I need to clarify something.

Please correct me if I'm wrong ...

You're wrong. Completely wrong. Marcsoltan's comments are 100% correct.

Nice shirts :-)

OK than. Sorry for mistake! I'll "erase" that shirt and thank you a lot for your help!!!

Perica

Previous

Return to Gear