Viewing: 1-9 of 9
Bob Sihler

Bob Sihler - Apr 9, 2007 8:02 pm - Voted 10/10

Look forward...

...to the completed product. It's an awesome area. I added a couple pics I already had here on the site.

dwhike

dwhike - Apr 9, 2007 8:33 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Look forward...

Thanks, I appreciate it. I debated its relavence on SP but I love this area so much I had to add it. Thanks for the photos also, many of mine are older and scanning ruins the quality. I didn't have any worthwhile of the Grand Sable Banks so I was thrilled you had a couple. I can't wait to get out there this summer to update some of my shots!

Bob Sihler

Bob Sihler - Apr 11, 2007 8:01 pm - Voted 10/10

Wow!

You've put a lot of work in. It looks great.

Aeldrin

Aeldrin - Apr 10, 2007 11:42 am - Hasn't voted

I loved this area ...

glad to see it is up here!

Arthur Digbee

Arthur Digbee - Apr 15, 2007 9:25 pm - Voted 10/10

Very thorough!

There's an incredible amount of information here, thanks! I think this is a model for the hiking sites on SP.

It's a wonderful place and surprisingly uncrowded when I day hiked there. A half-mile from any parking lot and the people are gone, except at the lighthouse.

dwhike

dwhike - Apr 15, 2007 10:48 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Very thorough!

Thanks, I appreciate it. Like I said in the write-up this IS my favorite spot in Michigan and I wanted to get it right, glad you liked it! Yeah, there's plenty of solitude at PRNL. Aside from Sand Point, Munising Falls, and Miners Castle very few people make it out into the backcountry. The park service also recently banned all motorized watercraft from the adjacent waters which is great, its nice being able to enjoy the lakeshore without jetski's or motor boats...just the sound of the wind and the waves...you can't beat it!

stinkycheezman33

stinkycheezman33 - Oct 13, 2008 3:30 pm - Voted 10/10

holy smokes

i took some time to really look this page over this afternoon [the wife and i are trying to get some ideas for next years backpacking season already...] and i must say you put together a great page!
thanks for the work

dwhike

dwhike - Oct 13, 2008 6:59 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: holy smokes

Thanks man, I appreciate hearing that from you! Just make the "easy" choice...hike the whole Lakeshore Trail, haha! Cheers!

stinkycheezman33

stinkycheezman33 - Feb 23, 2010 11:12 am - Voted 10/10

Re: holy smokes

FYI i (finally!) posted some of the best shots from my through-hike last fall...feel free to check them out and use them as you see fit!

Viewing: 1-9 of 9
Return to 'Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore' main page