Pik Petrovski Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-4 of 4
andre hangaard

andre hangaard - Aug 7, 2019 2:22 am Date Climbed: Jul 30, 2019

Solo post-Lenin climb   Sucess!

After successfully having climbed Peak Lenin I had some extra days left in Base Camp before me return to Osh. What can be better than to enjoy another mountain?
Started at 04:30 and hiked the entire ridge. The snow 45-flank just below the fore-summit was getting icy and required crampons and ice-axe. Except for that a very straight forward and pleasurable climb with very scenic views in all directions.

boriskrielen

boriskrielen - Feb 6, 2018 11:48 am Date Climbed: Jun 28, 2017

NE-ridge solo from BC  Sucess!

Climbed the peak solo from BC. I was the first of the 2017 season to reach the summit. There was still a lot of snow and no trace whatsoever.

NB. Many people use this mountain to acclimatise for Peak Lenin. Most of them only scramble a bit on the ridge. But some of them still claim to have climbed the peak. Same happened with a team when I was there. They claimed to have reached the summit, but there was no trace visible beyond the fore summit. The main summit is almost twice as far, at the end of the very long undulating ridge.

bluescrummachine

bluescrummachine - Aug 20, 2008 3:18 am Date Climbed: Jul 27, 2008

Warm-up peak

Intented to climb Pik Petrovski as acclimatization peak - to 'warm-up' for Pik Lenin. Climbed only to the foresummit.

Jelena

Jelena - Aug 2, 2008 2:57 am

Acclimate  Sucess!

Acclimate peak for Pik Lenin.

Viewing: 1-4 of 4
Return to 'Pik Petrovski' main page