Page Type Page Type: Trip Report
Date Date Climbed/Hiked: Jul 25, 2007
Activities Activities: Trad Climbing
Seasons Season: Summer

Our Pingora Poster

The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation. -H.D.T.
Here in northern michigan we like to say that we have it pretty good. We look to our neighbors in the southern half of the state with disbelief and confusion. "I could never live in that rat race" can be heard in any number of conversations in any number of small towns that dot the atlas of the Great Lakes State. "We just live at a slower pace" also rings from the farmers and foresters as they make their way down to the local diner for that morning coffee and daily political debate. As we left the rest area and turned onto the road to Big Sandy Campground, I couldn't help but know that my perspective on living was soon going to change.

We left Lander, WY. early that tuesday morning. Eager for what we believed could be an amazing week. We spent much of the previous day collecting data on the "Winds" and reassesing our plans. We also took some time to destroy any fatigue a cross country trip from Michigan might of endused by doing some sport climbing at a little place called Wild Iris. More Later..............

Comments

No comments posted yet.