Viewing: 1-3 of 3
Vid Pogachnik

Vid Pogachnik - Nov 20, 2019 11:55 pm - Voted 10/10

Excellent description!

Hi Walter!
As usual, you described the route on Piz dles Cunturines very well. I would suggest you contact Szani Uherkovic (great guy, the owner of mountain page) and agree with him to give you at least the editors rights over the mountain page. Then, you could move the excellent general information about the mountain there, and keep on the route page only the essentials.
With my wife we did this ascent, but coming from the summit of La Varella. It's exactly as you describe it. Regarding its difficulty, perhaps you can add the Austrian / German grading of it. It is B (on a 5-point scale) or B/C (on a 6-point scale) - I'm always confused with these. But In any case it's still only medium difficulty. We were not using ferrata set (we don't have it), but your warning can stay.
Regarding the name (Cunturines), you may want to read the Fanes' Saga of Ladinian people - you can find the link on my page of La Varella :)
Ciao,
Vid

alpinbeta

alpinbeta - Nov 21, 2019 4:50 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Excellent description!

Hi Vid!
ok, I'll contact Szani, although most of the owners are hardly ever happy to share pages
Here in Italy I don't think there is a numerical scale to indicate the difficulties of via ferrata, however I try to find out more about the German grades.
About the security, I think that it's advisable to those who don't have a via ferrata special lanyard (approved Via ferrata set) to use at least a double carabiner lanyard, because the rock is crumbly and often wet and the equipment not in optimal conditions (summer 2018).
What do you think about it?

Vid Pogachnik

Vid Pogachnik - Nov 21, 2019 1:08 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Excellent description!

Yes, Walter, fully agree. Don't worry too much. Regarding Szani - just try and see what he answers. We should encourage cooperation and that's my only point. So, if anything goes wrong, I can help either you or Szani (with my elf rights) :) But I really don't want to interfere if not urgent.
Thanks!

Viewing: 1-3 of 3
Return to 'Piz Cunturines via Büsc da Stlü and Via Ferrata Tru Dolomieu' main page