Plitvice Lakes National Park Regulation

Plitvice Lakes National Park Regulation

Page Type Page Type: Fact Sheet

NATIONAL PARK REGULATION ON INTERNAL ORDER

NATIONAL PARK REGULATION ON INTERNAL ORDER
Based on Article No.30 Law on the protection of nature ("Narodne novine" /Official Gazette/ No.30/94 and No.72/94), in connection with paragraph 1 item No.8. Law on organisation and competence of ministries and state administration organisations ("Narodne novine" No. 72/94), the director of the State direction for Protection of Cultural and Natural Heritage issues.
REGULATION ON INTERNAL ORDER IN THE NATIONAL PARK
I. GENERAL RULES
Article 1.
The Regulation defines the protection, the improvement and the use of the National park Plitvice Lakes (onwards: National park), and prescribes the violations and determine the penalties for disrespect of the Regulation.
Article 2.
Employees of the Public Institution National park Plitvice Lakes (onwards: Institution), inhabitants of the National park, owners and real estate representatives, physical and legal subjects who practice permitted activities and visitors of the National park must respect the prescribed provisions of the Regulation.
Article 3.
The institution is liable to take care of the protection, the upkeep and the promotion of the National park.
II. INTERNAL ORDER IN THE NATIONAL PARK
1. Bathing, underwater activities and exploration
Article 4.
Bathing in lakes and brooks within the area of the National park is forbidden.
Article 5
Practice of underwater activities (sporting and recreational diving, underwater filming, underwater competitions and scuba dive instruction) without a permit by the State direction for the Protection of Cultural and Natural Heritage (from here on: State direction) are forbidden.
For the permitted underwater activities a fee has to be paid. Its amount will be determined by the director of the State direction.
Article 6.
Legal and physical subjects are allowed to do research work provided they obtain a permit by the State direction.
2. Living and inanimate world protection
Article 7.
Within the area of the National park fishing is forbidden.
Exceptionally, fishing is allowed within the area of the National park for scientific - research purposes only, upon a permit by the State direction.
Article 8.
Hunting, capturing, chasing, hurting or killing animals, injuring of developing stages, nests, or litter and abode within the National park is forbidden.
It is forbidden to hunt, chase or ruffle birds, as well during overflow.
Exceptionally, catching animals for scientific - research purposes, for sanitary measures and restoration of natural balance within the National park is allowed, with a permit by the State direction.
Article 9.
To carry fire arms or other hunting weapons within the area of the National park is forbidden.
Only officials and authorised persons are entitled to carry fire arms within the area of the National park.
Article 10.
Free circulation of dogs within the area of the National park is forbidden. Dogs must be leashed or in a delimited area, or be led leashed.
Article 11.
To cut woods or to afforest in the area of the National park without a permit of the State direction is forbidden.
To pluck, to collect, to remove from habitat or to damage plants without a permit by the State direction is forbidden.
The revival of traditional agriculture is allowed.
Article 12.
Pasturing within the area of the National park without a permit by the Institution is forbidden.
Article 13.
To set up fire outside of the settlements or specially designated locations for the purpose, is forbidden.
Article 14.
The extraction of mineral raw material and changes of landscape, as well as any other exploitation of natural resources is forbidden.
Noisy machines and devices are to be duly acoustically isolated.
Article 15
Within the area of the National park it is forbidden to:
- build or raise a building without a permit by the State direction,
- deposit building waste,
- deposit industrial and domestic waste,
- deposit liquids and use of chemical matters which might endanger the originality of vegetation and animal world, or pollute water.
Article 16.
Camping within the area of the National park is forbidden.
Article 17.
Building of accesses to coast and piers on the lakes coasts within the area of the National park, except for the places foreseen by the Master plan are forbidden.
3. Navigation and moor of vessels
Article 18.
Navigation of motor ships for transport of visitors, organised by the Institution on Kozjak and Pro??ansko Lakes is allowed.
Navigation of paddle - powered vessels on Lakes Kozjak and Pro??ansko is allowed.
Article 19.
Moor of vessels is allowed at specially signed and ordered peers only.
Article 20.
Landing and mooring of vessels outside of the delimited areas without a permit by the Institution is forbidden.
4. Traffic and parking
Article 21.
To traffic within the area of the National park except for the official vehicles of the Institution, firemen, first - aid ambulance, supply and garbage vehicles on these roads is forbidden:
1. Velika Poljana - Labudovac - Plitvicki Ljeskovac
2. Velika Poljana - Rapainka - Kozjacki mostovi
3. Selo Poljanak - Kozjacka draga.
Article 22.
The visitors driving cars are obliged to park vehicles on designated parkings:
Medvedak (ulaz I) i Velika Poljana (ulaz II).
Tours around the lakes are organised by the Institution.
Article 23.
Guests of the hotels "Bellevue", "Plitvice" and "Jezero" are obliged to park vehicles on parking lots of the respective hotels.
Article 24.
The speed of movement of motor vehicles on the roads of the National park, except for the main road, is limited to:
- tourist train up to 25KMPH
- busses, freight vehicles and vans up to 30KMPH
- cars up to 40KMPH
Physical and legal subjects who intend to traffic continuously by a motor vehicle along the limited - circulation roads are obliged to get a permit by the Institution.
With exception, in cases when a physical or a legal subject needs to traffic a single time along the limited - circulation roads, an authorised person from the Institution may allow him verbally to traffic.
5. Stay of guests - users of hotel - business and tourist services and visitors - picnickers
Article 25.
The area of the National park is visited by persons who do respective jobs and working tasks (employees and others), business collaborators, guests - users of hotel - business and tourist services and visitors - picnickers.
Article 26.
Booking for users of the National park buildings is provided by the sale service in accordance with hotel receptions.
Article 27.
Employees of the Institution take care of stay and servicing of guests within the National park facilities. Beside usual services of accommodation and food, users of the National park hotel - business and tourist services are offered sightseeing of the National park by a panoramic vehicle (train), by bicycle, by electrically powered boats and by coach as well.
Article 28.
Employees of the Institution recommend the hotel guests:
1.) upon arrival in the National park facilities guests may:
- deposit money and valuables at the reception desk safe
- receive visits during their stay in the National park facilities after an announcement of that visit at the reception desk
- respect the home rule of the facility in all other matters
2.) when staying in the National park it is not permited:
- to hunt, feed and disturb animal life or to pick, damage or claim for their own, vegetation of the National park
- to damage and claim as your own, any natural or historical value of the National park
Article 29.
As an area of the particular cultural, scientific, educational, teaching, tourist and recreational values the National park is intended for visiting.
The visitors of the National park may enter into the National park at designated places selected for entrance only.
Article 30.
Visitors come to the area of the National park in organised groups as well as individually.
Reception of persons and things from the previous article, at arrival is organised by the corresponding Institution's service.
Article 31.
Upon arrival of persons, institution's guides will recommend and take care of the tourists - visitors:
- not to astray from their group,
- not to smoke, except in places designated for it,
- not to damage or disturb wild life of the National park,
- not to damage parts of nature and cultural goods.
Article 32.
A fee to the Institution is to be paid at the entrance of the National park.
The entrance fee price for the National park is determined by the director of the Institution.
During the stay within the National park visitors are obliged to hold the ticket on their person.
Article 33.
Visitable directions and places are defined by the Institution.
Visitable directions and places must be properly marked.
Article 34.
Within the limits of National park visitor's movement is allowed only in area and pathways marked as such and meant for sightseeing and visiting.
Movement of visitors outside of the area and pathways from the first line of this Article is allowed only accompanied by an employee of the Institution.
The Institution will issue a free - circulation certificate to inhabitants, real estate owners in the area of National park, as well as to their representatives.
6. Exercising of Activities
Article 35.
Hotel - business and tourist activities within the area of the National park are operated by the Institution. The Institution operates the activities according to the first line of this Article, according to law, according to the executive regulations issued in accordance with the law and with the Regulation.
Exceptionally, the Institution may allow sale of domestic products (cheese, dairy, home - made cakes), as well as sale of souvenirs, newspapers, tobacco, postcards and similar to legal and physical persons at designated locations.
Article 36.
Kiosks, stands, ice - cream machines and similar devices (temporary objects) may be placed within the area of the National park in order to sell home made manufactures, souvenirs, newspapers, tobacco, postcards and similar.
Place, type, conditions and beneficiaries of right to set the temporary objects are determined by the Institution.
The temporary object permits are issued by the State direction.
A fee is to be paid to the Institution. Its amount is determined by the Institution's director.
Article 37.
It is forbidden to take pictures for commercial purposes within the National park without a permit by the Institution.
Article 38.
Advertising boards and signs placed with care for their aesthetic look are allowed within the area of National park, with a permit by the State direction.
III. FIRE PROTECTION
Article 39.
Fire protection of the National park is provided by the Institution through organised preventive fire measures such as:
1. constant reconaissance - reporting service done by workers of the fire - protection Institution,
2. constant serviceable pathways and path through woods and forest land,
3. good state of extinguishing devices and their constant technical updating,
4. interdiction of open air fire outside of inhabited settlements and specially defined places for the purpose.
Measures of fire - protection of the National park are carried out by the Institution's employees in accordance with the general act and operative programme of the Institution.
IV INSPECTION AND ADMINISTRATIVE MEASURES
Article 40.
Supervision of implementation of the Regulation is done by the Institution and competent bodies of the State direction in accordance with its legal capacity
Article 41.
Direct protection in the National park is provided by the supervisors.
Article 42.
The National park Supervisor has an official certificate.
The content and the form of the certificate are prescribed by director of the State direction.
Article 43.
The National park Supervisor wears a prescribed uniform and symbol.
The symbol's look and colour are prescribed by director of the State direction.
Article 44.
The National park Supervisor may carry weapons during service.
The type, conditions and time of carrying weapons during service is determined by the director of the Institution, according to law.
Article 45.
Against a physical and legal subject who acts contrary to the Regulation, the National park Supervisor is authorised to submit a violation report, or punish him on the spot.
Article 46.
During the performance of supervision National park Supervisor is authorised to:
- ask an identity card or other document from a visitor in order to be able to establish the visitor's identity
- control of the visitor's luggage and vehicle
- request a showing of a special permit for certain activities, or for movement throughout the National park whenever it is prescribed by the Regulation;
- forbid on the spot digging as well as transport of stone, gravel, sand, ground and cutting of woods or damaging of other protected part of nature as well as of cultural goods;
- order the removal of buildings placed without a permit or contrary to a permit or contrary to the Regulation;
- order execution of obligation if in course of control establishes beyond dispute that they are not executed according to the Regulation;
- control a suspect for carrying weapons within the area of the National park contrary to prescriptions of the Regulation
- undertake other actions and measures necessary to implement the order prescribed by the Regulation;
- prohibit the sale of goods within the area of the National park sold without a permit by the Institution.
If a physical or legal subjects do not act according to a decision of the National park Supervisor in performance of supervision, a supervisor may, in justified cases, and when it is in the nature of duty, order an execution of duty through third persons, and in accordance with the law carry out a procedure of clearance of expenses from the person who was supposed to act according to the decision.
Article 47.
In performing the duty according to the Regulation the supervisor is entitled to:
- temporarily take away the fishing tool or hunting arms, and take away the catch from a person caught in fishing or hunting,
- temporarily take away the outfit if a person is caught in illegal underwater activities,
- temporarily take away arms carried by a person who carries them without a permit,
- take away some other illegally usurped part of living and inanimate world that belongs to the National park, and temporarily take away the means by which the illegal usurpation was conducted,
- temporarily take away goods sold within the area of the National park contrary to the Regulation,
- pass a mandatory fine.
Article 48.
The National park Supervisor is authorised to pass a fine at a place of violation in cases prescribed by the Regulation.
A receipt for a paid penalty is issued at a place of violation.
If a transgressor for any reason doesn't pay a fine at a place of violation, he is allowed to do it within eight days from the day when violation was done.
Article 49.
National park Supervisor issues a verdict in the process of implementing supervision.
A complaint against a verdict could be reported to the State direction.
Article 50.
The provisions of the Law on the general administrative procedure are applied to the administrative procedure, as well as to the other actions in the supervision process on implementation of order prescribed by the Regulation.
V. SYMBOLS INSIDE THE NATIONAL PARK
Article 51.
Designation within the National park is made according to the Master plan and the Regulation.
All signposts are to be written in Croatian and in English.
Linguistic denoting could be in another world language as well.
The director is in charge of the decision, upon consent from the State direction
VI. PENAL REGULATION
Legal subject is fined to pay 2.000,00 to 15.000,00 kn if he:
- undertakes underwater activities within the area of the National park without a permit by the State direction (Article 5);
- fishes (Article 7);
- fishes for scientific - research purposes, for sanitary measures or for re - establishment of natural balance, without a permit by the State direction (Article 7);
- hunts, catches, chases, hurts or kills animals within the area of National park, damages its developing forms, nests or litters and abodes (Article 8);
- cuts woods or reforests them without a permit by the State direction (Article 11);
- plucks, collects, removes from habitat and damages plants without a permit by the State direction (Article 11);
- extracts mineral raw material, changes landscape or exploits natural resources in any other way (Article 14);
- builds or sets a building without a permit by the State direction (Article 15);
- deposits building waste, industrial and domestic waste, or drops liquids or uses chemical substances which might endanger the originality of the vegetation and animal world, or pollute water (Article 15);
- builds accesses to coast and piers on lake coasts within the area of the National park in places not foreseen for it by the Master plan (Article 17);
- traffics on roads Velika Poljana - Labudovac - Plitvicki Ljeskovac, Velika Poljana - Rapanka - Kozjacki mostovi i Selo Poljanak - Kozjacka draga (Article 21);
- places buildings regardless of conditions and a permit by the State direction (Article 36);
- shoots or snapshots for commercial purposes without a permit of the State direction (Article 37);
For the violations from the first line of the article it also a physical person in a legal subject will be fined to pay 500,00 to 4.000,00 kn.
Article 53.
A fine of 500,00 kn to 5.000,00 kn is inflicted to a physical person if he:
- bathes in places where it is not allowed (Article 4);
- practices underwater activities without a permit by the State direction (Article 5);
- conducts research within the area of National park without a permit by the State direction (Article 6);
- hunts, captures, chases, hurts or kills animals in the area of National park, damages their development stages, nests or litters and habitat (Article 8);
- carries fire - arms, as well as other suitable hunting arms (Article 9);
- lets dogs circulate freely in the area of the National park (Article 10);
- cuts woods or reforests them without a permit by the State direction (Article 11);
- plucks, collects, removes from habitat or damages plants without a permit by the State direction;
- pastures cattle within the area of the National park without a permit by the State direction (Article 12);
- makes fire outside from settlements and specially signed and defined places for the purpose (Article 13);
- extracts mineral ore, changes landscape or exploits natural resources in any other way (Article 14);
- builds or sets buildings without a permit by the State direction (Article 15);
- deposits building waste, industrial or domestic waste, or drops liquids or uses chemical substances which might endanger the originality of vegetation and animal world (Article 15);
- camps within the area of the National park (Article 16);
- builds accesses to coast and piers on lake coasts within the area of National park, except for the places forseen for it by the Master plan (Article 17);
- moors vessels at places not marked and prepared for the purpose of mooring (Article 19);
- traffics on roads Velika Poljana - Labudovac - Plitvicki Ljeskovac, Velika Poljana - Rapanka - Kozjacki mostovi i Selo Poljanak - Kozjacka draga (Article 21);
- parks a vehicle on places not designated for the purpose (Articles 22 and 23);
- traffics by a motor powered vehicle at an unallowed speed (Article 24);
- is found without a ticket in the area of the National park (Article 32);
- moves outside of the areas aimed for viewing and visiting within the area of National park (Article 34);
- practices certain activities within the area of the National park without a permit by the State direction (Article 35);
- fixes kiosks, for sale of souvenirs, newspapers, tobacco and similar without fixed conditions and a permit by the Institution and the State direction respectively (Article 36);
- films or takes pictures for commercial purposes in the area of National park, without a permit of the Institution (Article 37);
For the violations from the first line of the article a National park Supervisor is authorised to inflict a fine of 400,00 kn on the spot.
Article 54.
The Institution is entitled to use the revenues from fines and mandatory penalties for the protection and promotion of the National park.
VII. PROVISIONAL AND FINAL ORDINANCES
Article 55.
The director of the State direction and the director of the Institution will issue executive instructions, according to the provisions of the Regulation within 30 days from the arrival into force of the Regulation.
The Institution will mark out within the area of the National park according to the Regulation within 60 days from coming into force of the Regulation.
Article 56.
As soon as the Regulation comes into force, the Decision on internal order in the area of the National park Plitvice Lakes (Official newspaper of Lika) expires.
Article 57.
The Regulation comes into force on the eighth day from the publication day in "Narodne novine" (Official Gazette).
File: 011-04/96-01/36
Ev.No. 532/1-10-3/6-96-1
Zagreb, May 2nd.1996
Director, Ferdinand Meder, prof., p.s.

External Links

Add External Links text here.