Point 8652 - West Sheafman Peak Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-2 of 2
MTfred19

MTfred19 - Jul 26, 2020 8:59 am Date Climbed: Jul 25, 2020

Sheafman Traverse - Hoyt Style!  Sucess!

The second peak of the traverse. My doggie passed her first BBBHH test. (Big Bitterroot Boulder Hop Hike) But I'd have to say, climbing up through the crux part of the route, while great fun for humans, is going to receive a PDTFD rating from me. (Pretty Darn Tough For Doggies) Be prepared for that. Keeping with the original plan, we did not include summiting Castle Crag on this hike. It was a lot of fun though, so thanks for the interesting route description! And yes, I did spend a little bit of hike time coming up with stupid acronyms.

Michael Hoyt

Michael Hoyt - Oct 27, 2008 6:08 pm Date Climbed: Aug 17, 2010

Three Summits - One Day  Sucess!



17aug10 - Took a couple of friends on a 3-peak outing which included both East and West Sheafman Peaks plus a finish on Castle Crag. It's a long day with lots of elevation gain, but worth every bit of the effort required.

11sep09 - While the rest of the group rested before a climb of Castle Crag the next day, I climbed the West Ridge to West Sheafman Peak. I still had more than enough energy for the next day's successful climb of Castle Crag.


1oct08 - This was the second of three summits I climbed on a truly perfect fall day. Four miles from the trailhead I left the maintained trail, climbed to East Sheafman Peak, followed the ridge to West Sheafman Peak, descended to Knaack Lake then, after deciding my energy stores were not depleted, decided to climb Castle Crag (only a week after climbing it for the first time). A wonderfully long and tiring day in the mountains.

Viewing: 1-2 of 2
Return to 'Point 8652 - West Sheafman Peak' main page