Viewing: 1-2 of 2
WalksWithBlackflies

WalksWithBlackflies - Aug 17, 2009 9:27 am - Voted 10/10

Good Decision

Glad Owen made it out under his own power. I had a similar experience this past spring in the Seward Range of the Adks, but unfortunately, I still had to ascend the top third of a mountain to gain our first bailout. Upon reaching that bailout, I decided to push on to our planned camp. I made it, but man was it a looooong day. BTW, chances are it wasn't the mold that caused the illness. Few things can bring on symptoms so quickly. He was probably battling something prior to the trip, and the symptoms expressed themselves only after he pushed his body for an extended period.

Pyroman9

Pyroman9 - Aug 17, 2009 6:21 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Good Decision

it is very questionable about what caused it. He had said before summitting Washington that he had never felt stronger in his life. Food poisoning can often hit about 12 hours after ingesting the food. So I am not sure what it was but that is my best guess. He was feeling really good before the trip, i was the tired one in the group. I am just glad we made it down alright and were prepared for something we did not even consider. Great username by the way... what a nightmare those flies are.

Viewing: 1-2 of 2
Return to 'Presidential Traverse.. expect the unexpected' main page