Prisojnik

Page Type Page Type: Trip Report
Location Lat/Lon: 46.42431°N / 13.77033°E
Date Date Climbed/Hiked: Aug 5, 2009
Activities Activities: Mountaineering
Seasons Season: Summer

Add Heading Here

From the Vršič pass road heads towards Poštarjev dom. After the bunker, trail branches rightwise to Prisojnik and Razor and shortly after passes a grassy peak called Sovin vrh (Owl's peak). Ascending there we were watched by sheeps freely wondering around. Somewhere here the Ajdovska deklica can be seen, it's a face of a girl which nature has carved on the Prisojnik's north side. After the Sovin vrh, trail descends to a saddle where trail through the Prisojnik's eye branches to the left. We headed straight accross the rock creep slopes then grassy ones. To the right below is Mlinarica valley where the river Soča sources. After a while Ridge trail branches to the left and Southern one continues straight. We took the Ridge one and will use the southern one for return. At first it climbs along steep meadow in a number of zig-zag turns. Pitty the clouds were hiding the highest peaks, but still the views to the Trenta valley and the Bavški Grintovec above it were amazing. Grass slopes end just below the south side of Prisojnik's eye where the 2 trails meet again. Underneath the eye we saw a group of climbers passing some challenging part. Shortly after, the trail turns to the north and reaches Prisojnik's ridge which it more or less follows to the end. Somewhere there, the trail becomes horizontal for a couple hundred meters and comfortable just like in a park. Before summit it leaves the ridge and continues on the S side without difficulties. There it meets the southern trail which we will use for descend. At the top we took some good 3/4 hour for enjoyment despite the cloudness. Crew of two arrived shortly after us. One of them told us that they were the ones that came through the eye and that being for him the first and the last time. Waiting for clouds to dissolve hasn't helped so we took our way down. Southern trail descends first through rocky slope and then enters a steep ditch, which is partly filled with loose material so you have to watch your step. Good is that trickiest parts are secured. Once it got out of the ditch, trail follows southern grassy slopes gently losing height. Clouds were mostly gone by now and the hike there was pure joy. Soon we reached the saddle to the Sovin vrh and Poštarjev dom (Postman's hut) a bit later. After filling our stomaches we rolled down to our cars on Vršič pass. All in all, a hike to recommend to those who like to climb a bit but do not like it to be too dangerous.

Have a look at the photos here





Comments

No comments posted yet.