Viewing: 1-2 of 2
Lodewijk

Lodewijk - Jun 24, 2016 3:05 am - Voted 10/10

Nice one Rob

Nice page Rob. I often visit the valley east of the Formazza valley: Vallemaggia and I often wondered what would be on the ''other side''. It must be just as nice the Maggia valley when I read your page. I'll add it to my (forever growing) wishlist :-)
Lodewijk

rgg

rgg - Jun 24, 2016 7:14 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Nice one Rob

A whole lifetime isn't enough to visit all the valleys and areas in the Alps, but Val Formazza felt like a hidden gem. I don't have a proper wish list myself. I've got some ideas, some routes and mountains I think would be nice to climb someday, but if it never happens that's fine too. My decision to go to any particular place often depends on what's convenient or what a climbing partner wants to climb.

In this case, the reason I ended up in Val Formazza was that I would meet someone in Wallis by the end of June (you've already read about that trip). After checking out how to get there, I ended up flying to Milan a week and a half earlier. Domodossola happened to lie between Milan and Wallis, so I based myself there before going to Switzerland.

Viewing: 1-2 of 2
Return to 'Punta Clogstafel' main page