Pwlldu Bay Boulders

Pwlldu Bay Boulders

On the western side of Pwlldu Bay just below the cliffs of Graves End is this large and puzzling boulder. It is not easy to climb both at the rear and the front...? If you go there try it. Follow the link in the following comments for more information on it.
daveyboy
on Nov 16, 2009 3:16 pm
Image Type(s): Bouldering,  Scenery
Image ID: 574195

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-3 of 3
Nanuls

Nanuls - Nov 16, 2009 3:56 pm - Voted 10/10

FYI

From Gower Bouldering:

"Pwll Du is a long walk from the nearest parking spot, but at dead-low tide there is a huge monolith of a boulder which, to current knowledge, has never been climbed. It is quite high and the landings consist of rather large 'pebbles' - so you'd have to lug a few mats along with you and it's a looong walk. Also the boulder is only properly exposed for an hour or two at dead low tide. But the rewards would be great, the boulder is solid, mostly clean and has several obvious lines from ~V3ish upwards. Get to it!"

daveyboy

daveyboy - Nov 16, 2009 4:26 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: FYI

Cheers Dan,
I did not know it had that dedicated page to it. It does look quite a boulder to do. Have you done it as I know you are more dedicated to that type of sport than I am.
Cheers - David.

Nanuls

Nanuls - Nov 16, 2009 4:41 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: FYI

Nope, haven't climbed there. I've only been to Pwll Du once and that was on a field trip back during my first year of uni.

Viewing: 1-3 of 3