Pyramid Peak Comments

Viewing: 1-4 of 4
Bubba Suess

Bubba Suess - Feb 14, 2010 4:23 pm - Hasn't voted

Good Peak But...

You really need to have pages with more and better content. I grant that you pictures are good and make the peak seem like an interesting place to go, but you need to tell, rather than just show that. You ought to include a description of the peak, the surrounding area and put it into context in the greater Phoenix area. Seriously, how many pages on SP do you see with this little beta, especially any that are considered good?

You also ought to not be so cavalier with private property and trespassing. I grant that it is done regularly by members of SP and the outdoor community in general, but flat out advocating the disregard of no trespassing warnings is not exactly kosher. Also, rather than telling people to get a permit, you should tell them where to get it. An address or phone number would be useful.

Also, with regards to your Hells Canyon page, you need to flesh that page out too, and not simply by cutting and pasting stuff from other pages. SP needs to have original content.

I hope you take this criticism as constructive. I am actually interested in stuff in that part of the Southwest. If you really do care about making good and useful pages, than many changes ought to be made. If so, I and other will gladly change their votes. If not, then make these pages albums and let others who want to provide useful beta make area and peak pages.

Again, I hope you take these suggestions in the positive spirit with which they are tendered.

Steven Cross

Steven Cross - Feb 15, 2010 9:59 pm - Voted 10/10

Your coordinates are off

The interactive map and Mytopo is showing this peak is off of I-17 near downtown. You need to change this.

scottmitch

scottmitch - Feb 16, 2010 11:02 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Your coordinates are off

I think its fixed now. Thanks for pointing that out.

Climbsickness - Jan 22, 2012 11:14 pm - Voted 7/10

Nice Hike

I thought it was a good hike, minus wading through all the trash and glass to get to the base. Bouldering was awesome, and the final ascent from the saddle was really nice. Don't do this if you get scared easy, and let someone know where your going cause I had a 200-300lbs rock slide under me and almost made for a bad day. I went up the west side of the smaller peak then noticed there was a faint path right up to the saddle from the south, easiest way up. Still a challenge.

Viewing: 1-4 of 4
Return to 'Pyramid Peak' main page