Quandary Peak Additions and Corrections

Viewing: 1-3 of 3
rcorby2

rcorby2 - Oct 29, 2002 11:23 am - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

The correct ranger station covering Quandary Peak is the Dillon Ranger District. Their contact information is:



Dillon Ranger Distict

680 River Parkway, P.O. Box 620

Silverthorne, CO, 80498

Phone: 970-468-5400



I just spoke with them at this number to confirm this information is correct.



xyati

xyati - Aug 26, 2003 1:53 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

The Inwood Aret is a seemingly forgotten rock climbing gem on Quandary's norwest ridge. One does not normally think technical rock climb when considering this peak, but there is a beautiful and rugged area on the "other side" of this peak. The route begins just east of a lake at the top of a series of waterfalls in McCullough Gulch. From there it's a ridge climb for about 1500 vertical feet. A direct 5.7 start, or a 5.4 slab start on the left leads you to a beautiful lower 5th class ridge. The climbing is mostly solid, but check for loose holds before you trust them. Use a rope unless you love wicked exposure on 5th class rock. After completeing the ridge, it's 3rd and 4th class to the summit ridge. People will give you strange looks if you are sporting your rack, rope and helmet because most of the summit teams just slogged up a long trail to catch the view and had no idea there was any "climbing" on this peak.

benhamiin - Aug 23, 2021 6:41 am - Hasn't voted

Red Tape Change

Hello,

Parking at Quandary now requires a reservation or you are required to take the shuttle there from the Airport Rd parking area. The trail is getting more and more popular.

Source: https://www.summitcountyco.gov/1446/Quandary

Viewing: 1-3 of 3
Return to 'Quandary Peak' main page