Quiet Hike up Mount Greylock

Page Type Page Type: Trip Report
Date Date Climbed/Hiked: Apr 4, 2017
Activities Activities: Hiking
Seasons Season: Spring


Getting There

One of the many fun things about hiking is simply just finding the trail head. All the back roads and routes that you need to take to find the trail head is a fun part of the adventure. This was true of this hike. I always get lost when trying to find the trail head since I try to look at google maps and try to remember how to get there. A cool part of the trip up to the trail head is that you are able to see the top of the mountain from the road.
Unnamed Image
Looking at the top of Mount Greylock from the road.
Nevertheless I found the Cheshire Harbor Trail head and the hike was on. There was only one car at the trail head. It was a Friday. 

The Hike

The hike starts up this old fire road which was really quite wide. The grade is gentle is the trail is very easy to follow. At this time in April at times the trail was quite wet. At some points there was considerable amount of water running down the trail. I would definitely recommend wearing waterproof boots since the trail was very muddy down low. You will follow the trail up until you cross the road where you will pick up the Appalachian Trail and you will follow the trail to the top. At this point the trail was quite icy.
Unnamed ImageSummit is close

You will pass a small trail with a shack next to a pond. At that point you are very close to the top. The Veterans War Memorial will come into view and that is the top. Return in the same direction.

Unnamed ImageThe view looking east towards Adams 



Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-4 of 4
hgrapid

hgrapid - Apr 18, 2017 11:32 am - Voted 7/10

This is empty

A "very" quiet hike. Is this under construction?

urraca man

urraca man - Apr 18, 2017 3:13 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: This is empty

Yes. I am just getting around to write the page up.

hgrapid

hgrapid - Apr 19, 2017 11:14 am - Voted 7/10

Re: This is empty

I see, you might want to try to add a primary image. Every image has a number. So open your image and find a number and you can use it as the primary photo. Also, photos are better with captions. I know it's difficult to do a page if you aren't accustomed to putting all the stuff in there. Let me know if you need help.

alpinbeta

alpinbeta - Apr 19, 2017 3:23 am - Hasn't voted

Missed primary image

Hello guy,
the picture in the right upper angle has been forgotten!

Viewing: 1-4 of 4

Table of Contents