Viewing: 1-20 of 29
12
rhyang

rhyang - May 18, 2010 3:04 pm - Voted 10/10

Looks like Pinnacles !

Except much longer routes. I can haz choss ?? Good times :)

rpc

rpc - May 18, 2010 3:21 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Looks like Pinnacles !

Rob, you're right (based on photos of Pinnacles I've seen...never been yet) they do look similar. Actually, despite the looks (and it really looks like dried up mud), the stuff is pretty damn solid (only one "potato" popped on us during our short visit :)
Thanks for visiting!

lisae

lisae - May 19, 2010 2:03 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Looks like Pinnacles !

I second the comment that it sure looks like the Pinnacles. I'd feel at home there, I think.

rpc

rpc - May 19, 2010 2:07 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Looks like Pinnacles !

:) one of these days will finally go & check the Pinnacles out ourselves. Thanks for visiting Lisa.

visentin

visentin - May 19, 2010 11:05 am - Voted 10/10

remarquable

trip report !
Yes these Mallos are amazing... unfortunately I am not such a good rock-climber to appreciate them as good as you did.
just a little remark, you may perhaps attach it to the Prepirineos Aragoneses instead of the Pyrenees themselves, in order match more the taxonomy of the range that Rafa has made. Thanks ! Eric

rpc

rpc - May 19, 2010 11:10 am - Hasn't voted

Re: remarquable

Eric, thanks for the kind comments. It's an amazing place indeed for both the scenery & the rock climbing. I will reattach the page per your suggestion. thanks.

Nanuls

Nanuls - May 19, 2010 11:37 am - Voted 10/10

Love it!

Amazing, that stuff doesn't look climbable!

rpc

rpc - May 19, 2010 11:47 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Love it!

Thanks man, appreciate the kind words! Yeah, it looks like shit (rock quality wise) from afar but the few routes we tasted were solid! Even stuff that looks like soil was pretty solid...well, except for that nasty chimney with loose chockstones on Galletas. Cheers!

darinchadwick

darinchadwick - May 20, 2010 2:22 am - Voted 10/10

Where to?

Glad to see you were on my side of the pond again! I wonder where in Europe you are planning to go next. We hit up Costa Blanca in Spain a few years back, HUGE amount of variety, from short steep sport to long and crazy trad. Know how the weather can nail you too. I got shut down from the ash cloud as well, you're lucky you got out.

rpc

rpc - May 20, 2010 11:20 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Where to?

Hi Darin, I know - we could've been a lot worse off if we got trapped by the ash cloud...an unplanned extension of a vacation is no fun really (been there before). so many ideas of where to go...keep day dreaming about lofoten islands that I know you're familiar with but who knows when we'll get a chance...so many other ideas too. We thought about escaping down to costa blanca but the weather in riglos sort of kept teasing - there would be patches of dryness here and there and we really wanted to tick off more stuff there. Oh well, next time. Thanks for visiting. cheers.

Liba Kopeckova

Liba Kopeckova - May 20, 2010 7:30 pm - Voted 10/10

wow...

what a trip... and what an interesting beta information - I think I would have no idea what that translation meant.... Thanks for posting...

rpc

rpc - May 20, 2010 10:58 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: wow...

thanks Liba :) You know, after translating a bunch of these route descriptions, we were sorta able to decipher most of the literal google translations....i.e. belly=bulge, long=pitch etc...though this particular pitch description I still have no idea about :)
cheers.

rpc

rpc - May 24, 2010 11:44 am - Hasn't voted

Re: uh...

thanks Jonathan! Yeah, never had a pitch give me a little ass before either but I'd love to try that route for that very reason! Next time... :)
cheers.

Rafa Bartolome

Rafa Bartolome - May 24, 2010 1:00 pm - Voted 10/10

thanks

for this interesting trip report.

I remember my text in the page of the range of Pyrenees:

"The trip reports are welcome if you visit several peaks in different areas. If you have visited only one area it's better to attach the trip report only to the area".

I dettached your trip report for the main page of Pyrennes. I know that all the people want to show their trip reports in the main page of the range, but it's not advisable to add 50 o 60 trip reports in the main page (it's impossible and the list ends after a few but in the areas appear almost all the trip report and it's easier to know the place of the trip report). It's only my opinion. We follow the same in SP in other big ranges with areas or sub-ranges.

Congratulations for this great trip report. Do you want to write a page about Riglos? It's very easy ... you need only to copy the information of trip report and even you can add some of the routes as "route". The area of Prepirineos Aragoneses has only three peaks in this moment and a page about Riglos will be a good idea in my opinion but my English is very poor and I'm not a rock-climber. It's only a suggestion for you.

thanks

rpc

rpc - May 24, 2010 1:41 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: thanks

Hi Rafa,
I understand about the attachment thing - sorry, I did not really pay enough attention to where I attached to in the first place. No, I'm too lazy to do an area/route pages for Riglos...not to mention, it really should be done by a local climber more familiar with the area in my opinion. It's also not that hard to just buy the guidebook :) Anyway, thank you for taking the time & the nice vote. cheers.

mvs

mvs - May 24, 2010 3:01 pm - Voted 10/10

thanks for the great report!

I had no idea about this interesting area. It's been a rough (kinda heartbreaking) time for weather, the wettest spring I saw so far in the austria/italy area. You guys are great because you just keep trying and get some interesting stuff done!

rpc

rpc - May 24, 2010 3:13 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: thanks for the great report!

Hi Michael,
thank you very much for the nice word. Our weather luck really leaves a lot to be desired...I mean, rain in Red Rocks on Memorial day!!...rain in Greece in Sept for nearly 2 straight weeks! Don't know what it is. Thanks for visiting Sir!

marauders - May 24, 2010 6:24 pm - Hasn't voted

****

Great photos as always!

rpc

rpc - May 24, 2010 6:41 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: ****

thank you very much Marauders!

rpc

rpc - May 25, 2010 11:26 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Swet Climbing Guys!

thank you very much Dan -- now only if we were more endowed with good weather luck :)

Viewing: 1-20 of 29
12
Return to 'Rainy Riglos TR' main page