Viewing: 1-6 of 6
hgrapid

hgrapid - Oct 29, 2012 11:02 am - Hasn't voted

This is great, but...

...are there hiking routes that are longer? Or do you have to take the tram?

Marcsoltan

Marcsoltan - Oct 29, 2012 12:08 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: This is great, but...

Yes, there are hiking trails. I have given the names of a few on the page. We also hiked one of the longer trails for which I will have a page in the future.

imontop

imontop - Nov 1, 2012 5:37 am - Voted 10/10

Nice page Marc

I was there in August. Loved the tram ride. Stayed on top for about an hour watching the para-gliders jump off the top. It was very smokey though from all the fires. Couldn't see very far. The Grand was barely visible. Thanks for posting this Marc.

Marcsoltan

Marcsoltan - Nov 1, 2012 11:58 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Nice page Marc

Thank you so much Eric. We were there in September and a new fire had just started. Fortunately, the fire wasn't so big to obscure the mountains. In fact, the smoke made my morning shots of the Grand even richer in color. We hiked down Cirque Trail to the top of Gondola and got a ride down from there. The hike was beautiful and definitely worth doing. Thank you for dropping by Eric.
Marc

Dean

Dean - Jan 5, 2014 2:05 pm - Voted 10/10

Neat one

I just discovered this nice page and will use it next time i'm in that area. Thank you.

Marcsoltan

Marcsoltan - Jan 6, 2014 10:13 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Neat one

Thank you very much Dean. I just wish we had more time to hang around the area longer and explore more mountains and landscapes.

Viewing: 1-6 of 6
Return to 'Rendezvous Mountain, 10,450'' main page