Viewing: 1-20 of 26
12
chicagotransplant

chicagotransplant - Feb 25, 2011 12:50 pm - Voted 10/10

Yes, you guys rock

Prakash, thanks for posting this, I hadn't heard about any of this until now. Just an incredible story and you did such a great job of being there for Alyson and making sure she was as warm and as comfortable as could be before the rescuers arrived. I am glad you were both so well prepared and were able to ultimately make it out okay. You're a great partner and friend, we need more people like you in this world!

tmathews

tmathews - Feb 25, 2011 12:55 pm - Hasn't voted

Seriously

Brought a tear to my eye. I'm proud to know you, Prakash.

Floyd

Floyd - Feb 25, 2011 1:31 pm - Hasn't voted

Wow

Incredible story - thank you for sharing. You guys showed some serious character and strength. You are a true friend and Mike said it well. We do need more people like you in the world! On the lighter side... "couple slices of raisin bread with tomato jam"... that sounds like worse pain than the frostbite and broken leg. Well done Prakash and Alyson.

maverick

maverick - Feb 25, 2011 1:47 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Wow

Hey that's my home-made tomato jam with tomatoes from my own garden... it kicks butt... it's got like raisins and cardamom in it and what not ;)

Floyd

Floyd - Feb 25, 2011 4:44 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Wow

Raisins and tomatoes... who knew?

Sarah Simon

Sarah Simon - Feb 25, 2011 2:47 pm - Voted 10/10

Wow

Great trip report, strong story. Thank you for sharing.
- Sarah

MountainHikerCO

MountainHikerCO - Feb 25, 2011 9:32 pm - Voted 10/10

Powerful Report

Great job hanging in there and getting through it. Having been through a few storms I could feel the cold reading the report. The pain would have been beyond what I can imagine. Alyson I hope you are able to make a full recovery. Prakash thanks for sharing.

Ian

shknbke

shknbke - Feb 25, 2011 10:52 pm - Voted 10/10

Gripping tale

Gripping tale, Prakash. Your memory of all the conversations that transpired is impressive. I am SO glad that both of you didn't get frostbite or worse, or I would have a hard time overcoming the "what if" scenarios that have been spinning in my head since it happened. When I visited the scene on Wed, I was overcome with emotion seeing Alyson's pack laying there. I sat down and said a prayer of thanks to God, weeping, because he was there in the midst of uncertainty. I used to sing "This Little Light of Mine" in church as a kid. Very fitting, Prakash! Your light was there for Alyson.

Climb On,
Kevin

maverick

maverick - Mar 2, 2011 1:37 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Gripping tale

I remember every incident and conversation from that night so vividly. I don't know why that is... I usually have a pretty normal to below average memory. I don't think I can return to that spot without some really strong memories rushing back... and they might be good ones because we survived. I do need to ask Alyson if she would return there with me next Winter to get Epaulie and Epaulet. I'd like to stop at the fated spot on the way back.

Allie - Feb 26, 2011 10:27 am - Voted 10/10

Inspiring

What a story. So glad you were there for Alyson. I can't even begin to imagine what you both went through. Thank God for watching over you. Was JB ok, too? Didn't read that he went down with you. Prakash, you are an inspiration.

shanahan96

shanahan96 - Feb 26, 2011 12:26 pm - Voted 10/10

powerful stuff

prakash, i'm quite impressive with you and how you were able to keep a level head throughout this whole ordeal. that's a remarkable accomplishment! by doing so, you were alyson's little light and the main reason she made it through this situation as well as she did. great work my friend, i'm proud of you.

jamie

maverick

maverick - Feb 26, 2011 12:33 pm - Hasn't voted

Thanks...

I've been telling a few friends this... I felt so grateful to have had the opportunity to help a cool person like Alyson. The fact that she managed to stay strong and truck through that mess was such a huge gift. We feel so incredibly lucky that our efforts were rewarded... there have been so many these past few years who cannot claim the same. I included updates on JB... realized I'd forgotten to mention that he got out safely as well. I took him down with me once we got to the road.

Deltaoperator17

Deltaoperator17 - Feb 26, 2011 9:55 pm - Voted 10/10

Thank you

Thank you for sharing with us here on SP. It was an ingredible epic event and sharing with us will just make us all learn a little bit more.

Boriss Andean

Boriss Andean - Feb 27, 2011 8:58 am - Voted 10/10

Prakash!

You did a great job!, I'm so impressed how you handled the situation. Hard to stay calm in Alyson's shoes, she was so brave.

Nice TR, thank you for sharing it!

Boriss...

boogiemantra - Feb 27, 2011 11:51 am - Hasn't voted

Salute...!

Prakash, You get a royal salute from me for your commitment, sincerity and friendship to your hiking folks. You and Alyson will always have my respect and good wishes. Just read the story at 3500 Catskills club email. Your belief about hidden divine power is so true and one does not know that until you face a situation like your's.

boogiemantra - Feb 27, 2011 12:53 pm - Hasn't voted

Salute...!

Prakash, You get a royal salute from me for your commitment, sincerity and friendship to your hiking folks. You and Alyson will always have my respect and good wishes. Just read the story at 3500 Catskills club email. Your belief about hidden divine power is so true and one does not know that until you face a situation like your's.

mvs

mvs - Feb 28, 2011 3:14 am - Voted 10/10

What a great job

Prakash, good job man. Thanks for sharing the story. Oh and knitting is a lot more fun than crochet. :D.

MoapaPk

MoapaPk - Feb 28, 2011 9:56 pm - Voted 10/10

It gets cold quickly

I've started carrying one of those 1-lb (three-layer) storm blankets with me, even in fairly mild weather. I opted for the full-open blanket, vs the lighter bag, because I couldn't imagine getting someone with a serious fracture into the bag. Now I'm not quite sure how to keep the underside warm.

Thanks for the good reality check.

mrburns - Mar 1, 2011 2:58 pm - Voted 10/10

Amazing

I don't post very often, but this is a powerful story. Thanks for posting. I hope the recovery goes as smoothly as possible.

aran

aran - Mar 2, 2011 6:55 pm - Hasn't voted

Well done, Prakash!

Thanks for sharing this story, and don't ever forget the important role you played as a friend. Your support should not be sidelined in any way. I'm glad everyone made it out safely in the end.

Viewing: 1-20 of 26
12
Return to 'Rescue on Rosalie Peak – 2/19/2011' main page