Rhinogydd

Rhinogydd

Rhinog Fawr (left) and Rhinog Fach (right), Rhinogydd, Snowdonia May 2010).
Nanuls
on May 27, 2010 12:08 pm
Image Type(s): Scenery,  Panorama
Image ID: 624509

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-6 of 6
daveyboy

daveyboy - Aug 10, 2010 1:47 pm - Voted 10/10

Repeated...?

Hi Dan,
I am not being picky but I dont know if your aware but the summit Fawr is repeated twice in the description I think its meant to be Fach and Fawr. LOL.

Nanuls

Nanuls - Aug 11, 2010 11:13 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Repeated...?

Indeed it is, Cheers David.

daveyboy

daveyboy - Aug 11, 2010 3:57 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Repeated...?

I did forget to say what a lovely view you had of the two summits from this place where you took the photo from.
If you have details of the route over these summits I am interested.
Cheers - David.

Nanuls

Nanuls - Aug 17, 2010 6:38 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Repeated...?

There isn't really an easy way up both of them at once. Not unless you want to bash through lots of heather and bog. In my opinion, the best way to climb Rhinog Fawr is from Llyn Cwm Bychan (which to its west), along the Roman Steps, then up to Llyn Du and hence the summit.

Rhinog Fach is also best climbed from the west, starting in Cwm Nantcol and walking up the valley towards Bwlch Drws Ardudwy. where the valley becomes broad and boggy, turn right to walk up Cwm Hosan to Llyn Hywel. Walk along the edge of the lake to a wall on its far side, then follow the wall to the top.

daveyboy

daveyboy - Aug 17, 2010 7:00 am - Voted 10/10

Re: Repeated...?

Cheers Dan,
Will take your advice on them routes and do them in two seperate visits.
It was years since I last did any of these summits back when I was about 14 or 15.

Nanuls

Nanuls - Aug 20, 2010 8:42 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Repeated...?

No worries. If you do visit the area then I also recommend a visit to Moel Ysgyfarnod and Moel Penolau. it's my favorite part of the range.

By the way, I paid my first climbing visit to the Moelwyns last Sunday and managed to grab a few photos while I was there. I'll add them to your page when I can. At the moment though, I'm going through a bit of a period of upheaval so don't have time. Hence my much reduced activity levels on SP of late.
Cheers
Dan

Viewing: 1-6 of 6