Črni vrh Comments

Viewing: 1-6 of 6
Vid Pogachnik

Vid Pogachnik - Apr 19, 2010 2:10 pm - Voted 10/10

Good addition!

Finally also Pohorje is represented on SP! May be you will describe in future even more of it.

What is your opinion - where does Pohorje in Alps belong? It is strange to me, but probably true that Pohorje is a part of the Central chain of Alps, so a continuation of Gurktal, Lavanttal Alps etc. On the Austrian side there are long shoulders of Alps - Sau, Pack, Kor, etc. I made one group page - Lavanttal Alps and perhaps you can attach Črni vrh there.

Cheers!
Vid

SzaniUherkovich

SzaniUherkovich - Apr 19, 2010 2:57 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Good addition!

Hi Vid! Thanks for your positive comment! Yes, I will create pages of 2 further summits of Pohorje, and I will write a page about the Pohorje range itself, too. Just it requires a lot of time to write these pages. But next week I will be on holiday and I may write further ones.

Where Pohorje belongs to? I found 3 different answers:
1) Belonging to Koralpe as its building material is similar, and geographically they are nearby. I haven't seen this relationship stated in any source, it's just my idea and it is your view, too
2) According to SOIUSA (an Italian classification of the Alps) it belongs to the Slovenian Pre-Alps that consists of
- Škofjeloško-Cerkljansko-Polhograjsko-Rovtarsko mountains
- Posavje mountains
- Pohorje
- Mountains of Vitanje e Konjice
3) According to the classification of Alps shown also on the SP page "Mountains east of the Mur" Pohorje belongs to the group of Karawanken. Topographically it looks to be a correct approach, though Karawanken and Pohorje are extremely far from each other in their character. (The referred part of the map is not seen on the attached map on the page "Mountains east of the Mur", but I have seen somewhere the whole map and I remember this link. Just I don't remember where I have seen the whole map)

So there are 3 different classifications. What do I plan to do after all? I create a Pohorje mountain range page. And I link it directly to the Eastern Alps. What do you think about it?

Cheers, Szani

Vid Pogachnik

Vid Pogachnik - Apr 19, 2010 4:17 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Good addition!

Hi, Szani!

I'm happy to hear that you intend to post more about Pohorje.

Where to put it? Hm, leaving it under Eastern Alps is not a solution to be really proud of it. It doesn't belong to Karavanke, so I would opt to choose either No. 1 or No. 2. I don't know - the 'geological' No. 1 looks a bit more reasonable to me.

visentin

visentin - Apr 19, 2010 4:38 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Good addition!

I also share the same satisfaction to see it and wondered how so many Slovenians didn't find yet the time to post it ! Perhaps they are all too focused on climbing routes on dolomitic rock ! ;)

SzaniUherkovich

SzaniUherkovich - Apr 20, 2010 2:31 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Good addition!

Perhaps Slovenian mountaineers don't go here. What I can somehow understand: if I lived in Ljubljana, I would find many more attractive destinations. Though Crni vrh is still the highpoint of a mountain range, so somehow it's a must.

And from Pécs there are not too many summits that can be reached in the morning, climbed during the day and returning home in the evening. Total 600 km by car for 19 km walking.

SzaniUherkovich

SzaniUherkovich - Apr 22, 2010 1:06 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Good addition!

Now I'm ready with a page about Jezerski vrh and I uploaded it onto SP (Pohorje will come later)

Viewing: 1-6 of 6
Return to 'Črni vrh' main page