Viewing: 1-7 of 7
Don Nelsen

Don Nelsen - Jan 20, 2007 1:08 am - Voted 10/10

Do you ever rest -

Nice one, Dean. This time you had the better weather on an OR HP! My pics for this one are horrible and yours are great.

Don

Augie Medina

Augie Medina - Jan 20, 2007 4:43 am - Voted 10/10

Great Page

Superb photos.

Dean

Dean - Jan 20, 2007 4:51 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Great Page

Thank you and thanks to those whose pics I was able to use. Bob has some real gems.

Dundeel

Dundeel - Feb 14, 2007 5:22 am - Voted 10/10

Nice write up

Great page Dean. Refreshed memories of my hike last spring. Sorry I don't have any pics to give you. One of these days I'll actually buy a digital cam and join the rest of the world.

Dean

Dean - Feb 14, 2007 3:44 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Nice write up

Thanks Ken, I appreciate your remarks. So often in Oregon (west side) a camera does little good due to the rain or rotten weather that one often encounters. Rogers was an another part of Oregon I would never have seen if it wasn't for cohp'ing.

ericnoel

ericnoel - Mar 31, 2007 10:50 pm - Voted 10/10

Ownership?

Hi Dean,
FWIW, I do not think that this peak is actually in Tillamook State Forest. The sign on the gate says that the land beyond belongs to Hancock Timber with hiking, biking and peakbagging permitted. Well, OK, it didn't actually say anything about peakbagging. The topo also shows this inholding and the gate is in fact right about where the property boundary and the road intersect. And DeLorme indicates this as well although they are probably just copying what's on the topo. Anyway, doesn't really matter so long as Hancock Timber allows access but I just thought that I would note it.

Dean

Dean - Mar 31, 2007 11:13 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Ownership?

I do remember seeing that sign but all the access to the gate is through Tillamook State Forest land. I would hope that that company will continue to allow access to hikers. How'd the rest of your trip go? (pm me)

Viewing: 1-7 of 7
Return to 'Rogers Peak (OR)' main page