Ron Coleman Trail Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-3 of 3
Wilbur

Wilbur - Mar 2, 2018 3:07 am Date Climbed: Dec 12, 2016

Ron Coleman Trail

Was only able to park a section of the trail. Too difficult for me and did not feel very secure on some sections of the trail.

LadyJ

LadyJ - Jun 1, 2013 4:14 pm Date Climbed: May 31, 2013

Ron Coleman Trail  Sucess!

Levi (dog, small Terrier/Chihuahua mix) and I headed out around 12:30 in the afternoon to conquer this trail, it took us 7 hours total to get to the other side at Smugglers Pass and then back to our start point in McKelligan Canyon at the trailhead.

We had our fair share of difficulty, we got off the trail inadvertently three separate times adding to the time and total miles of this supposedly 3.5 mile trail (one way). There are so many places where people have gone off the trail it is difficult to stay on course, there are not many markers to show the way but there are some at the 3.5, 3.0, 2.5, 2.0, 1.5, and .5 if you manage to stay on the trail to see them. There were also many places marked with blue blobs of spray paint but some of those are on places that go off the trail. My iPhone app gave us total mileage of 9.1 when we finally made it back down. The view from the top is amazing and the “window” was very exciting, there were two locations where I had to help Levi make it up and then down on the return trip but we had a great time. I definitely recommend some dog booties or boots if you take your dog on this trip along with plenty of water for them as well. I took nine 16oz bottles of water and a Gatorade and we finished them all by the end of the trail. Will certainly do it again since I live in the area now.

Outdooraholic

Outdooraholic - Sep 25, 2008 1:28 am Date Climbed: Nov 21, 2007

Ron Coleman  Sucess!

I hiked this with a buddy and we knocked it out in 3 hours.

Viewing: 1-3 of 3
Return to 'Ron Coleman Trail' main page