Viewing: 1-4 of 4
Bob Sihler

Bob Sihler - Nov 9, 2009 9:23 pm - Voted 10/10

Awesome stuff

Although I've soloed a few 5.5 one-pitch routes, I don't know if I'd be up to this, but it damn sure speaks to the kind of mountaineering I love.

Dow Williams

Dow Williams - Nov 10, 2009 7:04 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Awesome stuff

Thanks Bob. I think you would like quite a bit of what the Canadian Rockies has to offer based on your interest in the backcountry. I am quite fortunate to experience such two contradicting places year in and year out. Cheers.

brandon

brandon - Nov 16, 2009 12:22 am - Hasn't voted

Solo talk

Hey Dow, What's with all the solo talk, horn tooting? Looks like fun climbing. Harness being worn, rope that went from inside the pack to tied on the outside. If your gonna drag all that gear up there? why not....
Just giving you a hard time. Head out there by yourself and without a gear safety net, then the horn tooting would seem a little less like shite talking.

Dow Williams

Dow Williams - Nov 16, 2009 10:00 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Solo talk

Because I believe a ridge like that should be done solo, period. Disappointed my partner wanted to haul all that gear up there just because we had no beta. We both had good views of the ridge from summiting nearby mountains. I was kind enough to haul the rope for him for the crux portion in case we got to a point where he was no longer comfortable following me. Tooting my horn about soloing a 5.5 ridge in the Canadian Rockies? That is a fucking joke dude. You like to talk the shit, but sure don't climb it. (thus I am glad you are taking the time to read my work, you might learn something) ps, no reason mispelling "shit", if you are going to spray, stand up and be a man.

Viewing: 1-4 of 4
Return to 'NW Ridge, II, 5.5' main page