Rozamiento Trail (aka Spring Creek Trail)

Rozamiento Trail (aka Spring Creek Trail)

Page Type Page Type: Trailhead
Additional Information County: Bernalillo
Seasons Season: Spring
Additional Information Elevation: 5500 ft / 1676 m

Connections

Rozamiento Trail begins at the bottom of a sandy wash and winds through a residential area. There is a trail marker about halfway into the wash and it is is easy to follow. It is used as a connecting trail to Tramway Trail which connects to La Luz Trail going north and ends at the Sandia Mountain Tram at the south end. Once past the homes, Rozamiento Trail goes uphill to Jaral Cabin and Spring. Follow the trail to the southeast to connect to Tramway Trail.

Jaral Cabin
Jaral Cabin

Making an Epic Loop

If you want an epic day hike, take Rozamiento to Tramway Trail. Follow Tramway Trail north to its connection to La Luz Trail. La Luz Trail then follows 7+ miles up Sandia Peak to the crest. Complete the Crest Trail hike at the Sandia Tram. Take the Tram down to the south end of Tramway Trail and then return to you car by hiking north on Tramway trail back to Rozamiento. The Tram is $9 one way, but a great ride with amazing views.
Avoid doing this hike in summer. It can be hellishly hot.

Sandia Mountains






Getting There

Take Tramway Blvd. north to Tram entrance. Take the 2nd left on Juniper Hill Loop. Keep to the left and turn left on to Spring Creek Road. Park in the dirt parking area on the right. Parking here avoids parking fees if you plan to hike La Luz or Tramway Trails.

Related Links

http://www.sandiapeak.com/index.php?page=rates-tickets-2

http://www.trails.com/tcatalog_trail.aspx?trailid=HGS122-039