Viewing: 1-6 of 6
magellan

magellan - Nov 25, 2005 6:14 pm - Hasn't voted

Trip Report Comment

Excellent first effort. Thanks for submitting.

rn4yrlf - Dec 19, 2005 4:18 pm - Hasn't voted

Trip Report Comment

Sounds like a great time had by all. Very well written. Love the poetic style. Adds more color to your adventure. Hope to see more from you.

MtnGuide

MtnGuide - Dec 24, 2005 8:49 pm - Hasn't voted

Trip Report Comment

Thank you, rn4yrlf.



I appreciate your compliments, and hopes for the future.



Indeed, were it not for my duties, I would be joining you and whoever else wants to roar off to the mountains and sea on every trip.



Give me a year, and I should be ready to romp & roll wherever you go.



MtnGuide

Pietri - May 9, 2014 11:34 pm - Voted 9/10

Awesome!

I loved reading that!! I can relate! I am 56 and just climbed the Mountaineer's Route after a eight year climbing hiatus.

MtnGuide

MtnGuide - May 11, 2014 12:39 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Awesome!

Thank you very much, Pietri. Be encouraged by our having encountered two 80-year olds way up near the top of Mt. Hoffman, at about 10,000 ft., (above May Lake) on the North side of Old Tioga. I just raced in a triathlon and met an 80-year old woman who was in the same race. She has done 240 triathlons or duathlons, and almost 2,500 races in her lifetime. You are still a youngster. Me too. I appreciate your comment. May The Force Stay With You.

MtnGuide

MtnGuide - Aug 13, 2020 7:56 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Awesome!

A few years after that (11 years ago since this trip report) we met 3 or 4 80-year olds from the Nevada City Hiking Club up on top of Castle Peak, above I-80. They were headed onward and upward another mile around the rim of the crater and back in to Basin Peak.

We had planned to just descend. But we were struck by their ardor and strength, so went up there too.


I think there's still plenty of time.

Viewing: 1-6 of 6
Return to 'SAGA of MOUNT DANA AUTUMNA' main page