Viewing: 1-3 of 3
Tom Kenney

Tom Kenney - May 23, 2012 8:41 pm - Voted 10/10

Terra Obscura!

Nice report. Thanks.

RE: thorns - that's buckthorn, and it is NASTY!

RE: forest in the dry creek - black oak are the big-leaf oaks that are visible in your pic, there are likely some live oaks scattered around, and the pines will be ponderosa, western white pine, jeffrey (on south-facing), and probably some white fir and incense cedar. The closer you get to the ridgeline, it will be ponderosa, white fir, maybe lodgepole, and maybe limber pine.

Cheers!

RickF

RickF - May 31, 2012 6:32 pm - Voted 9/10

Momyer Trail

McGusto,
I used Momyer to descend from a six-peaks loop a few years ago. It was before the fire but it was way overgrown then too. It seems that Momyer just doesn't get much use. Too bad, it's a nice segment to connect Dollar Lake Saddle with Forest Falls.

dnhess - Jun 2, 2012 6:03 am - Hasn't voted

remembering Momyer

years ago (early 80's), a few of us did the 9 peaks and went up Momyer to start. It was horrible as we ran out of water and had to drink some warm beers. I've done Vivian Creek many times since then, and am sure it wasn't as hard as it seemed back then. thanks for the memories. btw - I don't remember a single bit of overgrowth or bushwhacking back then.

Viewing: 1-3 of 3
Return to 'San Bernardino East Peak - Revenge of the Thickets' main page