San Tan Mountain (San Tan High Point) Additions and Corrections

Viewing: 1-2 of 2

llmcguir - Nov 10, 2020 8:54 am - Hasn't voted

No parking on Bell Rd

I posted this in the "Ascent Log", but just to reiterate: I wouldn't try parking on Bell Rd because there is now a housing community being built BEYOND the white fence, and there are lots of "Private Property" & "No Trespassing" Signs posted both before and after the white gate. Also, I heard a lot of shooting/target practice going on somewhere in the desert. Back at my car on Bell Rd., a vehicle stopped me and said I need to be careful back in that desert because people shoot guns freely as it is private property. If you want this peak, park at the Goldmine TH, however be aware that that people might be shooting for target practice out there closer to the base of the high point peak.

CCofQC - May 17, 2021 6:47 pm - Hasn't voted

No Trespassing - Both private and Gila River Indian Reservation (actual mountain)

This entire route is on private land including the Gila River Indian Reservation.

It is a shame some feel entitled to willingly trespass on well marked gated and fenced private land with No Trespassing signs.

The track should be removed by the admins as well as any instructions on how to access the mountain.

If you want to hike the mountain ask for permission from the Gila River Indian Community. They are unlikely to give it. It is their land and you should respect it.

As someone else mentioned other entitled people cut fencing and go shooting on this land. You could easily be shot and killed and no one would know it. Law enforcement will respond to trespassers and those who own the private land are actively watching for violators.

If you are dumb enough to cut fencing you are allowing cattle and horses to escape. Both of which have been killed because of your negligence. Enjoy the view from the park and stay off of private land. It's a great mountain. Sorry that it isn't legally accessible.

Viewing: 1-2 of 2
Return to 'San Tan Mountain (San Tan High Point)' main page