Viewing: 1-7 of 7
tlogan

tlogan - Oct 2, 2004 2:58 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Nice work again Bob.

BobSmith

BobSmith - Oct 2, 2004 9:46 am - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thanks.



I was trying to bag the major peaks of Panthertown. One more trip ought to do it.

hgrapid

hgrapid - Oct 2, 2004 12:21 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Bob Smith, you must keep yourself in excellent physical condition to hit all of these mountains! A little advice...your camera is poor with distance shots sometimes, and you may want to make photos a little sharper with some photoshop program. However, I understand that eastern peaks are known for being hazy. I try and take close up shots. Another suggestion is that you watch out for shots with heavy sun. Digital cameras work very poorly in bright light, so you want to take shots of mountains with a lot less sky. Just a suggestion. I will vote on your other pages as well.

BobSmith

BobSmith - Oct 2, 2004 12:41 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thanks!

desainme

desainme - Oct 2, 2004 3:36 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Looks like you got pretty close to the smaller Cold Mtn when you hit this one. Maybe a winter hike will give crisper images. Nice pix though and clear brooks.

BobSmith

BobSmith - Oct 2, 2004 10:36 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thanks for the vote.



I got painfully close to Cold Mountain. I hated to turn back, but I really don't like the idea of trying to find my way through a wilderness full of unblazed trails in the dark. The cliff faces on Cold are supposedly the best in the Valley, which is impressive, considering how great the views are on Little Green and Blackrock. Also, someone constructed an altar, by hand, from rock on the cliff face and I wanted to see that.



The views were hampered a bit by the very heavy haze that hung over the Valley. It had received about 20 inches of rain over the course of three weeks or so and the place was just plain waterlogged. Which meant that the haze would rise up and hang suspended there most of the day before the sun could burn it off.

BobSmith

BobSmith - Oct 3, 2004 12:59 am - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thanks!

Viewing: 1-7 of 7
Return to 'Shelton Pisgah Mountain' main page