Shirley on our night hike out...

Shirley on our night hike out...

Shirley on our night hike out following the climb of Geronimo. The white stuff in lower right corner is snow/frost (January 3, 2004).
rpc
on Jan 6, 2004 12:14 pm
Image ID: 37628

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-3 of 3
mt_daydream

mt_daydream - Mar 21, 2005 11:35 pm - Hasn't voted

Late?

Hi Radek,

This picture seems to be taken quite late into the evening. Just curious -- did you guys make it back to the car on time? We heard of at least two teams getting $100 fines for not getting out of the loop road on time last week.



You've posted some great pics from Red Rocks! Thanks.

rpc

rpc - Mar 22, 2005 12:11 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Late?

Hi,

I don't remember how late we got out (on this day it was snowing till about 10 or 11am so we only got on the rock after 12). That time we did not score a ticket as we had the foresight to call and ask for a late exit pass - there were other times though that we thought we would not needed it and indeed got $50 donation request from the BLM every time....even threats of warrants being issued when I forgot to pay on time :)

Up until July '04, the ticket used to be $50/pop but it might have gone up since then?



Thanks for the kind remarks. For a guy from WA state you too seem to have done a good share of RR routes :)

Great place heh? Good climbing to you.

mt_daydream

mt_daydream - Mar 23, 2005 3:14 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Late?

We met a team who got fines of $100 for climbing late and another $100 for camping in a wrong spot (both in one day)! Poor souls. The day we did Catwalk, we were pretty worried too - it took us more than three hours to get to the climb (mainly due to a lot of water in the Oak creek). Luckily, we made it back to the car in time. I would definitely recommend this route - the approach was some real adventure (class 3/4 with some class 5 moves), and the climb was great fun too (8 pitches, 5.7 (book says 5.6+)). And you'll be alone on the route for sure!



This was the first time for me in RR. I spent almost a week down there. My partner is a real RR veteran - he has been going down there at least three or four times a year for the last twentyfive years! Its a top place - I'll definitely go down there again.

Viewing: 1-3 of 3