Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 22.4722°S / 43.0081°W
Additional Information Elevation: 5551 ft / 1692 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Dedo de Deus is a beautiful mountain to climb. Every day much people climb it. The form of mountain look likes God's Hand. Without a doubt , Dedo de Deus is the most classic mountain for brazilian climbers. Its incredible beauty and historical importance become it an obligation for all climbers. Currently, the most frequently routes are in the east face, including a called ticket Maria Cebola and Diedro de Salomão, both with spetacular sights.

Getting There

From Rio de Janeiro, go to Teresopolis at BR-116 road. Getting Teresopolis, access Serra dos Orgaos National Park to climb God's Finger( Dedo de Deus). It's not easy , because the trail is very wet and very steep. All the routes of the Dedo de Deus are reached with one day of scaling, leaving Rio to Teresópolis, is possible to win one walked heavy one or two hours to the base of the climb, the time to reach the top and, to go down in the same day. Rapel of descending will find some stretches very negative becoming it exciting. The trailhead is on the road, beside a Nossa Senhora statue.

Red Tape

The National Park tell about all the requireds to go there. Access the site parnaso1@terra.com.br .

When To Climb

All the time is good but, the winter is better because the weather is colder and the rock with the sun turns very hot. Enter in the Weather in Rio de Janeiro for the climb.

Camping

The camping is in the National Park with total security.

Mountain Conditions

Enter www.cptec.inpe.br to know the weather conditions.

Children

Children

Children refers to the set of objects that logically fall under a given object. For example, the Aconcagua mountain page is a child of the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits.' The Aconcagua mountain itself has many routes, photos, and trip reports as children.