Chepeta Lake

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 40.80940°N / 109.9735°W
Additional Information Route Type: Hike
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Class 1 ~ Walk-up
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


Follow the getting there in the main page.

Route Description


2.91 miles one way with 1760’ of elevation gain.
Start at the northeast corner of the parking lot and also being the southeast corner and dam of Chepeta Lake. Follow this trail, which turns, into an old jeep trail for 0.38 miles to the dam at Moccasin Lake. Follow the dam north to a continuing trail that leads to a dam at Papoose Lake, 0.74 miles. The sign at the trailhead says 1.5 miles, maybe they were thinking round trip. Head east across the dam and pick a route up through the rocks, south and east is an easier way, the rocks last for about 1,000’ at the most. After ascending the rocks the route is basically cross-country in a northeasterly direction for the remainder (1.79 miles) to the summit. The first mile only gains 100’ of elevation.

Essential Gear


Summer - sun screen is probably the most essential piece of gear

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.