From Wasserbourg

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 47.97980°N / 7.11500°E
Additional Information Route Type: Hike
Additional Information Time Required: Most of a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Walk-up
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


Start point is Wasserbourg

Access from Colmar with road D 417. After 13 km, take left to Soultzbach les Bains and follow D 43 to Wasserbourg. Car park near the church.


Route Description


Walk-up
After the church, follow left the red cross marks. The path climbs up the little Hanspen valley. After the equestrian center, turn right and climb into the forest. You cross a trail and higher you reach the meadows of Hanspen (nice view to Wasserbourg). Admire the huge lonely standing beeches ! At the path cross, turn left and follow the red discs to the farm-inn of Strohberg. Turn right direction Rothenbrunnen. After 500 m, turn left direction the summit over the north east ridge.
A virgin statue is built on the summit. From here you have a nice view on Grand Ballon in the south and the main chain of the Vosges in the west with the Hohneck massif.

Walk down
From the summit follow the yellow rectangle marks in southern direction to the Schellimatt and to the Boenlesgrab collar. Cross the collar and follow the the same yellow rectangles to Plaine de Rouffach and Hirtzenstein. Here you turn left (yellow discs) and walk down to your start point Wasserbourg.


Essential Gear


No gear is necessary


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.