From Skalnata Chata

From Skalnata Chata

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 49.12050°N / 20.13200°E
Additional Information Route Type: very easy rock climbing
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: UIAA 0+
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


How to get to Skalnata Chata see the main page of this summit.

Route Description



Take a red-marked trail in Sedlo pod Svist’ovkou direction and follow it to the place where trail turns distinctly right (about 10min). Here turn left (west) and traversing a slope go on a bottom of Skalnata Valley and next through scree on its middle level – Lievikovy Kotol (about 20 min). Here you should see an outstanding, long couloir falling down from Huncovske Sedlo.

Climb by a bottom of this couloir about 100m (of altitude) to a rocky step. Here turn on the left rib of our couloir and climb up it through rocks and grass over this step. On the end come back on the couloir’s bottom and climb it on Huncovske Sedlo (pass). (1 h 15 min)

On the pass turn left (north-west) and follow the south-east ridge of Kezmarsky Stit – first two crags bypass on the right side (north) and after them climb up through scree and rocky blocks on the top. (1 h 15 min)


Essential Gear


Normal hiking gear. In winter crampons and ice-axe.

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.
Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.