Viewing: 1-6 of 6
crzyjt

crzyjt - May 17, 2006 6:25 am - Voted 9/10

Good TR

Hey Kevin. Glad to hear you guys made it back safely. We stuck around Como Lake until 330 or so, wanting to make sure you guys made it back down o.k., but we didn't want to stick around in the weather. Great climbing guys! That slog up and down that road sucks. I'm definitely getting some sort of 4x4 to make it most of the way up the road for next time.

MoapaPk

MoapaPk - May 20, 2006 11:04 pm - Voted 10/10

nice job

Thanks for posting an informative and "human" TR, free of "superman" posturing. We all feel frightened from time to time, we all make mistakes, and somehow, we typically live to post again!

Kiefer

Kiefer - May 21, 2006 7:25 am - Voted 10/10

beautiful TR

I enjoyed reading every line of your TR. As it sounds like you're someone who is still finding their own niche on class 4+ rock (including me), I was mesmorized by your description of the rock conditions. It will help me out later this year. Kudos to you for posting this! Thanks!

shknbke

shknbke - May 21, 2006 2:51 pm - Hasn't voted

thanks

Glad you enjoyed the report skasgaard and hope it helps you with your climb. I would think that if you aim for the notch just to the left of the summit and don't get off route like we did, you won't have to mess with the ridge near as long. We hit the ridge at 11:53 and didn't summit until 2:20, which shows you how much time our mistake costed us.

MrWasatch

MrWasatch - May 22, 2006 4:47 pm - Voted 10/10

thank you!

Great trip report and great pictures! I went to your other site and pictures as well, loved the "Holy Smokes" exposure shot...

Jason Halladay

Jason Halladay - May 23, 2006 12:02 am - Voted 10/10

Well done!

A great report of a fun route! Way to go you all--it sounds like you had a great time despite some obstacles.

Viewing: 1-6 of 6
Return to 'Sierra Blanca Mayhem' main page