Ski touring in Mount Triglav National Park: 4 days off the beaten tracks!

Ski touring in Mount Triglav National Park: 4 days off the beaten tracks!

Page Type Page Type: Trip Report
Location Lat/Lon: 46.38091°N / 13.83274°E
Date Date Climbed/Hiked: Apr 28, 2016
Activities Activities: Skiing
Seasons Season: Spring

Ski touring in Mount Triglav National Park: 4 days off the beaten tracks!

A great enthusiast of backcountry skiing from Grenoble chose a new and interesting plan in 2016: The ski touring traverse in Mount Triglav National Park in Slovenia. In order to get some support in the organization of her trip, she contacted Mitja, a local IFMGA mountain guide, who took her to the wildest ski touring spots of the park, for a 100% off the beaten tracks experience. We invite you to read her amazing story in Slovenia.


Slovenia… or how to end up alone in an awesome ski touring spot, combining a business trip with a passion.

The whole idea came up while looking on a map to check the location of a business trip I had to do in Austria. I never really realized but Austria and Slovenia share a border together. And Bled, isn’t it the town we have seen on so many postcards? Yes it is! And only 45 minutes away from my business meeting! What a great opportunity to combine work and pleasure…
So, the idea was to go to Austria to meet some partners and now, I’m checking about going to Slovenia to fulfill my desire of skiing in unique and wild spots… The month of March seems the best period to go skiing in the Julian Alps. Even better, the ski resort is located just next to the National Park of Mount Triglav. Mount Triglav, what’s that? The highest mountain of Slovenia! After some thinking I decide to go there and contact a guide to organize a ski tour with him...


undefined
Ski touring in Mount Triglav National Park: 4 days off the beaten tracks!


Continue reading the full story at Explore-Share.com...



Comments

No comments posted yet.