Viewing: 1-4 of 4
Dow Williams

Dow Williams - Jan 20, 2011 9:28 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Rating

to be honest, the whole thing felt like 3 to me, but it was kicked to oblivion...I noticed signing the log over at rc.com, whoever added it over there, they have it at 5/6!..I always leave the grade alone, as we all know in virgin condition it would be much more interesting...still worth doing, I love features like that..cheers

Liba Kopeckova

Liba Kopeckova - Feb 3, 2011 10:45 pm - Voted 10/10

too much traffic

Hi Dow,
the park was closed for a long time, so the Camp Bird area saw way too much traffic this year. Most of the climbs have steps in it. I agree, I find WI4/5 ice very easy here.
I just did some solo climbs with Ushba ascender in the park and love it!

Dow Williams

Dow Williams - Feb 4, 2011 10:49 am - Hasn't voted

Re: too much traffic

still worth doing though Liba if you get the chance...loved the atmosphere of Skylight...yesterday Zach and I thought we were going to get a FA on a huge piece in Zion on Tunnel Wall, 700' straight up, no benches...sort of a massive replica of Skylight....just slapped into a chimney/corner...but by the time we got to the base, it was raining hard on the 30' of mixed it would have took to get on it....will have to get the photo uploaded...I was scared just walking into it! One of those deals even though I wanted to climb it, was sort of glad I couldn't get on it just the same. Replacing me with the Ushba eh? Dude, guess I will just have to put the rock shoes back on then....

Liba Kopeckova

Liba Kopeckova - Feb 4, 2011 11:22 am - Voted 10/10

Re: too much traffic

Dow you are not replacable! I would put Ushba in my backpack if you would show up! but it is an amazing device! still I was afraid to fall on it, and so excited to climb on my own at the same time...

Viewing: 1-4 of 4
Return to 'Skylight, II, WI 5, M5' main page