Snibble Tower Comments

Viewing: 1-2 of 2

cpc - Sep 23, 2007 1:51 am - Hasn't voted

bolted lines on Snibble Tower

My friend and regular climbing partner, Josh Lagalo (jlag), did a little reconnaissance on Snibble Tower. Your topo and route description was quite helpful. We didn't top out on the formation--climbing in t-shirts this time of year isn't wise. We did, however, ascend to the top of the aid pitch by climbing straight up the steep bolted face above the opening 5.9 bolted pitch. I'm curious about the grade: the going is steep and the rock is...well the rock is likened to a bag of crushed graham crackers. I'd like to get back on this route and take a stab at that incredible looking diahedral before more traffic or bigger people decimate these holds (I don't know how to aid).

rpc

rpc - Sep 24, 2007 1:36 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: bolted lines on Snibble Tower

Yeah the climbing on the sport route higher up looked hard (too hard for me). I've never been able to get info as to what that route was (but never really tried too hard). On that Smith Rock Group page here on SP, I posted links to smithrock.com listing of new routes on this formation - I think I might have checked but maybe this line is listed there? If not, perhaps it was put up by ....what's his name...the author of that red supplement guidebook to Smith. He posts on smithrock.com message borads - might be worth trying to contact him. Been a while since we saw Josh in the park - hopefully will run into him this fall. Take care & please let me know if you guys go back & find out how taht route is.
Cheers!

Viewing: 1-2 of 2
Return to 'Snibble Tower' main page