Snježnik Comments

Viewing: 1-4 of 4
Vid Pogachnik

Vid Pogachnik - Jan 21, 2009 3:03 pm - Voted 10/10

How about skiing?

As many people come on Platak with skis, how would be skiing from the summit of Snježnik? I mean, when there's enough snow. Is the forrest too dense?

Branko

Branko - Jan 22, 2009 6:06 am - Hasn't voted

Re: How about skiing?

Hi Vid...there is no problem to make ski tour from Platak to Snježnik. Usually there is enough snow, especially below the summit and mostly skiers are using route 'through grlo'. Through the beech wood forest you can ski without problem, it is not so dense, and you can use also some forest roads and marked paths. Finally you can reach Radeševo ski piste and return back to Platak.

Brgds, Branko.

Andrej Mašera

Andrej Mašera - Jan 23, 2009 5:22 pm - Voted 10/10

Very interesting page

My sincere compliments for this well written article, accompanied with excellent photos. Last summer I succeded to climb Snježnik with heavily distorted left ankle. The ascent not to mention the descent were tedious and very slow, but on the summit I enjoyed an extraordinary beautiful view, just like that you have described in your page.
Thanks for sharing, Branko.
Cheers, Andrej

Branko

Branko - Jan 25, 2009 7:30 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Very interesting page

Thnx Andrej for your nice comments.
I'm glad that you have enjoyed the Snježnik summit and its views and I hope that your ankle is better now.
In time...I will try to describe all routes to Snježnik and add them to SP.
Best regards, Branko.

Viewing: 1-4 of 4
Return to 'Snježnik' main page