Viewing: 1-3 of 3
seanpeckham

seanpeckham - Jul 5, 2008 12:49 pm - Hasn't voted

Duplicate Route

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it appears this route is the same as Scott's "South Ridge from Hayden Pass" route. It looks like they were posted within a day of each other. Just FYI; I'm posting this comment on his page too.

Scott

Scott - Jul 5, 2008 8:45 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Duplicate Route

They are different routes with different car parks (see the "Getting There" section on the main page where both routes are linked), but I guess they are close enough that I deleted mine (the two routes meet the south ridge higher on the mountain). I saved a hard copy though.

seanpeckham

seanpeckham - Jul 6, 2008 5:20 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Duplicate Route

Ah, sorry, I missed the difference between the car parks. Perhaps the parking area from your deleted route could be mentioned on this one as a variation. I suppose you could maybe get to the south ridge from anywhere along that section of the highway that has parking available; there may be easier or harder lines bushwhacking through the forest (I basically just followed a heading from the Highline TH straight over any logs, for better or worse) or talus-hopping to the saddle, but they would be hard to describe or follow, so perhaps arguably they are all the same. We used the Highline Trailhead mainly to stay high, thinking in early season there'd be a lot of marshes.

Viewing: 1-3 of 3
Return to 'South Ridge via Hayden Fork' main page