Viewing: 1-11 of 11
Scott

Scott - May 18, 2005 11:27 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Has enough info to get you there. I put this on the What's New Colorado"Thread as requested. The boulders and rocks look just like the ones on the Barr Trail.

shknbke

shknbke - May 19, 2005 12:11 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Great page and thanks for bringing exposure to some of the interesting and obscure peaks around C. Springs.

rpc

rpc - May 19, 2005 11:12 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

For a moment there I thought that someone made a 15th ascent of an Oregon choss tower (there's a formation - choss tower - with same name in Oregon that has only seen 14 ascents in 65 years).



Nice lookin' page!

Ed F

Ed F - May 19, 2005 3:45 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Another great CO Springs dayhike. Nice work.

Joseph Bullough

Joseph Bullough - May 19, 2005 5:05 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

CharlesD

CharlesD - May 20, 2005 10:03 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Good page, but a little short on overview details. I take it this is a CS foothill the same way Boulder has foothills?



Speaking of Cheyenne Mountain, is it possible to climb it or will you get hauled off to Gitmo, shot on sight, or both? Seems like it would be pretty nifty to climb NORAD ;-)

csmcgranahan

csmcgranahan - May 20, 2005 11:55 am - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

I've been wondering this for quite some time as well. I think parts of the mountain are definitely off-limits. If I find anything specific, I'll get back to you!

Warsteiner

Warsteiner - Aug 15, 2011 7:03 pm - Voted 8/10

Re: Untitled Comment

I know this comment is a little old but I recently read that Cheyenne can be climbed you just need to be careful to stay on public land. About half of the mountain is private property as is the land around the radio towers. Apparently there is no trail to the summit so you have to find a map clearly delineating public/private lines then route find your way up.

mmoerk

mmoerk - Sep 9, 2005 6:26 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Nicely done.

Jeremy Hakes

Jeremy Hakes - Feb 27, 2011 10:20 am - Voted 10/10

"Summit"? Class Rating?

We were there yesterday. Not sure what, precisely, the "summit" is supposed to be? The area in the profile pic is NOT class 2 nor 2+. Without the rope, that scramble (since the rockfall/slide) is easily class 5, plus surmounting that area in the picture is also a 3rd class scramble. What is the "summit" supposed to be? The maps don't show it clearly, either.

csmcgranahan

csmcgranahan - Feb 27, 2011 11:17 pm - Hasn't voted

Re:

In my opinion the summit high point was from where the photo was taken. The rock in the photo is a little lower and much, much, harder to get near and to the top of.

Viewing: 1-11 of 11
Return to 'St. Peter's Dome' main page