Stuhleck Comments

Viewing: 1-8 of 8
Vid Pogachnik

Vid Pogachnik - Oct 3, 2005 12:04 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Very fine page again! You had a nice winter day!

If you look on my Eastern Alps GROUP page, you will see in the table, that Mathias proposed (according to DAV classification) to call the group, where Stuhleck is the highest summit, 'East of Mur Forealps'. I'll link Stuhleck there, if you have another opinion, please let's discuss it on European Forum.

dedo

dedo - Oct 4, 2005 2:33 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thank you for the links, Vid, that was very quick again. Regarding the mountain group of Stuhleck: it's my fault I didn't notice the group list in your Eastern Alps page. I've rewritten the intro somewhat to make clear, that Stuhleck belongs to the East of Mur Forealps. As Fischbach Alps is a well known name, also used in the literature, I left that name on the page as well.



I did some research today, and couldn't find two sources that would state the same. It seems that the lower the peak, the bigger the uncertainty about its group. :)



Please, tell me, if it is not O.K. as it is now, I am happy to do any change you suggest. It seems to me that it doesn't matter much, what the group name is, as the other peaks are not of much interest for climbers and unlikely to be added here.

Vid Pogachnik

Vid Pogachnik - Oct 4, 2005 4:03 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Yes, you're absolutely right! What you did now is fine. I don't have my own opinion about those groups, who am I to have one ;-) I just took one of proposals from the German speaking world. And you're right - no hurry classifying lower mountains. But I still think that even if they are low, if they offer something, nice view, skiing, hiking, why not posting them on SP?

Cheers!

Gangolf Haub

Gangolf Haub - Oct 3, 2005 3:01 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Good page - I agree with Vid that we need an agreement how to name that group.



It seems you have taken some more hints from the faq. Nice panorama.

dedo

dedo - Oct 5, 2005 12:49 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thank you, Gangolf. Regarding the group name - please see my reply to Vid. It's correct now, I think.

Corax

Corax - Oct 3, 2005 8:36 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Nice little page. I like your wintery photos.

dedo

dedo - Oct 4, 2005 12:00 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thank you, Corax. I'm cheating - putting here just the good ones. :-)

mtncorg

mtncorg - Nov 22, 2005 2:58 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Another great little hill to wander atop in a superb region of Oesterreich unknown to outsiders. Thanks for letting us in on the secret. Thanks also for adjusting the lat/long on the Rax. You have some nice Hausberge to walk about in!

Viewing: 1-8 of 8
Return to 'Stuhleck' main page