Viewing: 1-20 of 42
Cy Kaicener

Cy Kaicener - Mar 21, 2009 4:37 am - Hasn't voted

Awesome Snow Creek

Thanks for a great trip report and pictures. I am glad everyone made it safely and were all technically proficient. I think future trips may have to go around the village and water agency.
This has to be a record for the number of people on one day.

Alex Wood

Alex Wood - Mar 22, 2009 1:40 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Awesome Snow Creek

No problem! Yup, it was a great group to be with, especially with Miguel. That might need to happen, or we were thinking you could summit via the Tram and then go down Snow Crekk and then back up...which would be even more of a hassle... And yes, there were quite a few people up on the route- its one of the best routes in SoCal. Thanks for the comments!

Deb

Deb - Mar 21, 2009 6:10 pm - Voted 10/10

Great Job!

Love the write-up and enjoyed climbing with you. I don't mind being tail-end Charlie; I know slow and steady gets me there in one piece. :) Hope your camera came back to life after it's chilly swim.

Alex Wood

Alex Wood - Mar 22, 2009 1:43 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Great Job!

Thanks Deb! It was nice climbing with you and your husband too!Yup, I don't blame you, it was quite the climb. Thanks, its almost back to normal...it still spazzes out every once and awhile, but at least I have a camera.

Alex Wood

Alex Wood - Mar 22, 2009 1:45 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Good stuff

Thanks Ryan! I took me long enough to do, so its nice to hear good comments. I can't take credit for all the pictures though. Cheers!

MoapaPk

MoapaPk - Mar 22, 2009 12:04 pm - Voted 10/10

Nice

I enjoyed the conversational, candid, non-heroic tone. There is something neat about driving from a desert terrain, then doing a snow climb when everyone else is sweltering below.

Since this activity does involve trespassing... should the naming of names be more subtle?

Alex Wood

Alex Wood - Mar 22, 2009 5:22 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Nice

Thanks for the comment! I guess all those English classes are beginning to pay off. It was quite the experience. I entertained that same idea myself (I almost didn't post this TP due to that fact), but I have told everyone about the TP (those who went with us) and they can tell me if they don't want their names on here. For the most part, it seems that other climbers haven't been to cautious with giving out names, so I was kinda going with that... but I do see your point. Cheers!

BobSmith

BobSmith - Mar 22, 2009 12:20 pm - Voted 10/10

Great

bit of work. Nice that you were able to hook up with experienced folk who were so good to you.

Alex Wood

Alex Wood - Mar 22, 2009 5:23 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Great

Thanks! It was nice. I definitely learned alot too. Thanks for the comment!

farrisgl

farrisgl - Mar 22, 2009 1:03 pm - Voted 10/10

Excellent Report

Reading this is getting me very interested in doing this route.

Thanks for writing it.

Alex Wood

Alex Wood - Mar 22, 2009 5:27 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Excellent Report

Thank you! Snow Creek is definitely worth the effort. Its an amazing route, especially for Southern California. I still need to do Baldy a couple more times to catch up with you =) Cheers!

farrisgl

farrisgl - Mar 23, 2009 9:52 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Excellent Report

Your welcome.

Now that we have moved to Palm Springs, San Jacinto is my new "hobby hill". With the snow depth subsiding, I want to start training on the skyline trail. Hopefully doing my second ascent later this week.

Maybe snow creek next year.

Thanks again for the great report.

Alex Wood

Alex Wood - Mar 24, 2009 11:07 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Excellent Report

Thats pretty cool.... I wanna try to do the Skyline soon, so maybe we could try hiking it together. Cheers!

farrisgl

farrisgl - Mar 24, 2009 7:07 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Excellent Report

Sure thing. I sent you my contact information in a personal email.

Gary

fortybelow

fortybelow - Mar 22, 2009 1:26 pm - Voted 10/10

nice job!

grats on climbing Snow creek! Great pictures aswell gave me a really good idea of what the 3rdclass climbing part looks like. Your really lucky to get a knowledgable group like that! Pretty scary stuff with DWA though. =/

Alex Wood

Alex Wood - Mar 22, 2009 5:29 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: nice job!

Thanks! If you get the chance, I would definitely try and do the route. Yeah it was, but hopefully nothing will come out of it. Thanks for stopping by!

bajaandy

bajaandy - Mar 22, 2009 2:12 pm - Voted 10/10

On my list.

Nice trip report! I've been wanting to do this one for a while now. That was one big group you guys had there. I can see why the water authority is getting it's panties in a wad. Someone is going to have to scout out an alternative approach.

Alex Wood

Alex Wood - Mar 22, 2009 5:31 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: On my list.

Thank you! I think in years past, Miguel has lead even more people up (I think it was 10 or 13 people a year before)...but there was just alot of other people up on the route. People have been talking about doing another approach, but, it would take alot of work to put another trail in. Maybe the climbers can work something out with the DWA, I doubt it though. Thanks for the comments!

Bascuela

Bascuela - Mar 22, 2009 2:52 pm - Hasn't voted

Cool

That was a fun read, adding that route to my list. Thanks!

Alex Wood

Alex Wood - Mar 22, 2009 5:33 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Cool

Thanks! You should definitely try it some time. Its a one of a kind route. Hopefully you won't get any crap for the DWA. Cheers!

Viewing: 1-20 of 42
Return to 'Summitpost Snow Creek Climb March 2009' main page