Taking Flight Comments

Viewing: 1-7 of 7
Moni

Moni - Sep 25, 2005 8:27 pm - Hasn't voted

Trip Report Comment

Good job!

Alan Ellis

Alan Ellis - Sep 25, 2005 10:36 pm - Voted 10/10

Trip Report Comment

Very nice. I've found that the hardest part of movie making is getting the right clips. That is...thinking out the movie in advance and thinking of clips and angles which will look good when edited together. That seems to work better than just shooting random clips and trying to make them work together. Anyway, you've seemed to have the knack. The other issue I always have is getting the movies/clips in sync with the music (like you did)......and picking the right music to go with the scenes. Oh well.....it is an evolving process which I enjoy.



Good job. I look forward to more movies (so I can get ideas).

smudge

smudge - Sep 25, 2005 11:36 pm - Hasn't voted

Trip Report Comment

well done Andy!! I love it.

Alan Ellis

Alan Ellis - Sep 26, 2005 9:03 am - Voted 10/10

Trip Report Comment

I don't think SP supports movies like they do images. Most have the clips on a different server, then connect to that server with either an embedded clip or a link.

Andy

Andy - Sep 26, 2005 9:45 am - Hasn't voted

Trip Report Comment

1000Pks - Like Alan said, I have the .mov file hosted on my own server space and I just link to it in the code of the trip report. Movie files are exponentially bigger than photos so I doubt summitpost will ever support them like it does photos.



attm - I shot about 500 megabytes of video footage throughout the day (I have one 256 mb card and two 128 mb cards). This came to about 23 minutes of useable footage. I found that shooting video takes a lot more battery juice than shooting still photos and I ran out of battery before I ran out of storage space.

eazyelion

eazyelion - Feb 17, 2006 1:37 am - Hasn't voted

Outstanding

Really gets me excited about giving Solo Flight a try. Seems like you knew exactly where you were goin on the route. Was the way pretty evident? The climbing and views look spectacular. Thanks for putting together such a great video.

Andy

Andy - Feb 17, 2006 2:34 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Outstanding

Thanks. We new exactly where we were going until we hit that final ridge. We did a little exploring and tried a couple of things before we found a line that would descend down to the big ledge. After you get down to the ledge then it's a pretty straightforward scramble to the summit. Scott took a really nice photo of the route here. That area is really pretty and the climb is really nice. Someday I want to go back and try the North Face!

Viewing: 1-7 of 7
Return to 'Taking Flight' main page