Tar Creek to Sespe

Tar Creek to Sespe

Page Type Page Type: Album
Additional Information Image Type(s): Hiking

TAR CREEK

Good Lord! A friggin hike and a half. Would be good to do this route as an overnighter, buut we opted for the day hike. The road to get to the main trailhead is locked due to constuction till june on a side note... that adds a good 4.5 miles to the hike. Must have been 12 to 14 miles half of which was boulder hoping. Then about half way through we ran out of water and had to drink the river water. We did not die. So it must be ok. Anyhow really awesome hike. highly recommended.

External Links

http://www.dankat.com/swhikes/tarcrk.htm
here's a more in detailed description as well as directions to this hike.

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-5 of 5

NovicehikerDave - Apr 30, 2008 2:50 pm - Hasn't voted

OMG

Who would have thought this was so close to LA. Hey - did you kill the snake and eat it?

BigJordan

BigJordan - May 1, 2008 1:46 am - Hasn't voted

Re: OMG

Negatory, I thought about it, but then a single tear fell from my eye, the tear of compassion, and my prior thought was replaced by another that spoke loud and clear and it said, do not kill and eat the snake lest you want to be killed and eaten by a giant that happens to live in the cave next to the snake. So I chose not to take this action.

BigJordan

BigJordan - May 1, 2008 5:25 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Cool pics

hey thanks man, yeah pretty amazing stuff around there. 1st time there for me. very impressive and so close to L.A.

lcarreau

lcarreau - May 4, 2008 8:03 pm - Voted 10/10

Hey BJ...

Great photos! I wouldn't have killed the snake, either.
Do you still remember that song, "I'm a crawlin' Kingsnake,
and I rule my den!" by Jim Morrison and the Doors? Think it was
from the LA Woman album, one of my all-time favorites. Peace.

kwardk - Jun 14, 2010 6:57 pm - Voted 10/10

Tar Creeks

Amazing pictures Big J!!!! Great hike too :-)

Viewing: 1-5 of 5