Comments

Viewing: 1-4 of 4
McCannster

McCannster - Oct 12, 2018 9:51 am - Hasn't voted

You should seek help

Jackson, I'm not sure if this account you've written here is just you artistically spit-ballin random thoughts, or if this is truly a regular day in your life, but if it is, you should really seek out some help for your addiction. I'm sure you are aware of all this, but take it from a stranger on the internet; that amount of alcohol abuse will kill you. And if you are dead, then you cannot enjoy the mountains, which I am sure is a big reason you moved to Jackson Hole in the first place. Think back to the sheer joy and elation that being in the mountains brings to you; you'll have none of that when you are dead. Please don't become another victim to alcoholism- there are far too many people out there who suffer. I can only imagine how difficult it is to kick that habit, but just think of the decades you will squander, all the peaks you will inevitably not climb, if you do not do something about your addiction. I'm rooting for you man, do yourself a favor, get sober.

David

PanamaRed

PanamaRed - Jan 19, 2020 11:30 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: You should seek help

Hey man thanks for your kind words. Unfortunately this was not a fictional account, it really was an actual day(similar to countless other days) in my life. I have struggled with alcoholism and drug addiction since I turned 21. In the pas 6 years I have been to rehab 9 separate times( I just got out of the most recent one a week ago). A few weeks after this account was written I was arrested on theft and burglary charges for drunkenly breaking into an ace hardware at 3 am up in Bozeman Montana. I spent almost a year in county jail. Jail probably saved my life as I was frequently overdosing and ending up in the icu both in jackson hole and in Bozeman. I once spent 20 days in the icu at Bozeman deaconess with severe delerium tremens, strapped to a gurney and hallucinating out of my mind. During my time in jail I started to eat again(I had dropped to 135 pounds and I'm 6ft2) and excercise. I slowly came out of the terrible fog I had been in for most of my twenties. Now I have managed to pull together almost 4 months of sobriety and my life is getting better. I go to AA meetings and live in a sober living house in Bozeman. I have started to climb and backcountry ski again, not at the level that I had in the past, but still just getting outside(or inside at the climbing gym) make all the difference in the world to me. I'm now 190lbs healthy, non smoker, and the future looks bright. I don't know why I posted this story on summitpost I'm sure I was very very wasted when I wrote it. Perhaps it was a feeble cry for help.

Marmaduke

Marmaduke - Jan 20, 2020 9:45 am - Hasn't voted

Re: You should seek help

Wow..... hard to respond....but my prayers are with you, that you have succeeded in beating your addictions. Not only from the drug but climbing in this state you are so lucky to be alive. My brother-in-law was addicted to opiates for many years. Just in the past two years he has beat it. Great guy and family. I believe the mountains would be great therapy and I truly wish you well!

McCannster

McCannster - Feb 13, 2020 1:38 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: You should seek help

Hey, great to hear it man. Keep it up! Your future self will thank you!

Viewing: 1-4 of 4
Return to '' main page