The cross of the summit of...

The cross of the summit of...

The cross of the summit of Petrechema and the Aguja de Ansabere. March 2002.
Rafa Bartolome
on Mar 9, 2005 12:26 pm
Image ID: 94087

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-7 of 7
eza

eza - May 5, 2005 9:28 am - Voted 10/10

And...

the one and only, the biggest and maddest of them all: MORENOOOOOO!!!!!

Rafa Bartolome

Rafa Bartolome - May 5, 2005 2:45 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: And...

thanks, I think it's a special picture of a special day, so long ago...and many mountains after this, we remain so mad, (but nowadays we carry the crampons in days like this)...God blessed Moreno, our leader.

eza

eza - May 9, 2005 9:26 am - Voted 10/10

Re: And...

Just one detail missing: the can of beans ;-)

ojo - Sep 26, 2011 11:37 am - Voted 10/10

The cross..

... is no longer there (Sept 2011). I can't believe the wind blew it away... And what does the "being mad" and the "tin of beans" mean, guys?

Rafa Bartolome

Rafa Bartolome - Sep 26, 2011 12:36 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: The cross..

I knew the news about the cross because it was fallen in 2007 when I climbed Petrechema for last time ir order to climb the Petit Pic d'Ansabere (I have the "disease" of climbing all the peaks of 2.000m of this area because they're our Pyrenees near of home)

the can of beans...he,he, it's difficult to explain but I try. The guy of the picture was the leader of our old muountain group: "La alubiada". The flag was a dish of beans under the Cervino.

An image is more clear than 1.000 words:
La Alubiada en Bazias.

The group dissapeared but we have a lot of good memories of these days and our friend F.Moreno.
I have the flag and I carry it in special days of the year, specially in the anniversary day that we'll eat beans in some place of Basque Country in january or february of 2012, in "alubiadas's day"... the countdown begins!!!!!

ojo - Sep 27, 2011 3:22 am - Voted 10/10

Re: The cross..

Thank you. I like the story! (By the way, I wonder if English "baked beans" have ever been asociated with a mountain - have you tried them? - one of our national "delicacies" jeje).

I have another quick question. Was there ever a cross on Perdido? A current English guide mentions one and I know there isn't now. But the original edition of the guide book dates to 1978,so maybe before then....?

Rafa Bartolome

Rafa Bartolome - Sep 27, 2011 1:18 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: The cross..

I climbed Perdido only one time across the ridge of Escaleras and I didn't saw the cross.

I never visited England to try the baked beans,.. I only knew the airport of London in some of my travels.

Viewing: 1-7 of 7