Viewing: 1-4 of 4
Lukas Kunze

Lukas Kunze - Jan 3, 2009 10:47 am - Voted 10/10

Excellent!

This route is still on my wishlist. But I think I' m not good enough at skiing so I' m still waiting... :(
Do you have any detailed shots of the east-ridge of Grünstein? I' m thinking about that for summer.
Anyway, great page, worth at least 11 points!
Cheers Lukas

selinunte01

selinunte01 - Jan 3, 2009 11:07 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Excellent!

Thanks for your voting (and of course for the excellent Mieming range overview !!). Unfortunately I don´t have any more pictures of Grünstein. The best one of the east ridge is number 468170 of my Grünstein loop pictures. It was taken from below Tajatörl as a view back to Grünsteinscharte and the slopes below it.
The Grünstein summit is on my wishlist, a college of mine has recommended the south chute which he does normally in late autumn. Its the easiest ascent by far. A descent could be made via west ridge (UIAA I and II) to Östliche Marienbergscharte and down the large scree chute to Marienbergjoch.
The east ridge looks very complicated and should be a long hike / climb from Grünsteinscharte. The Rother AV Führer says, the route is UIAA grade II and easier and takes 2,5 hours from Grünsteinscharte.

Lukas Kunze

Lukas Kunze - Jan 3, 2009 11:15 am - Voted 10/10

Re: Excellent!

Thanks for you information! I' ve got some photos of the southern route which isn' t difficult (but dangerous due to rockfall). But in my opinion Grünstein deserves a traverse since it is the highest peak of the western Mieming Range. Well we' ll see what' s up next summer... Drop me a line if you intend to go to Grünstein and don' t have a partner. Cheers Lukas!

selinunte01

selinunte01 - Jan 3, 2009 11:50 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Excellent!

You´re right, there can be dangerous rockfall on the southern route. That is why my college does it in late autumn, normally there are no more hikers around :-)
I´ll keep your proposal in mind :-)

Viewing: 1-4 of 4
Return to 'The Grünstein loop' main page