The Miracle of the Madonna of Tsaplana

The Miracle of the Madonna of Tsaplana

Page Type Page Type: Article
Activities Activities: Mixed, Scrambling

Miraculous Overview




There are those who believe in miracles and those who not. There are those who believes the Madonna exists and those who no. I'll tell you a True Story of a few years ago. Then you believe in what you want. is no longer my problem, but Yours. It was long enough that Emilio always ran downhill with his jeep. On paved roads but also on crofting dirt, even when they were frozen. There was always an important reason: the match AC Milan (was a fan of this team), a dinner, a business meeting etc. Always ran. It ran upwards with the new off-road Mercedes-colored blue lord, as it ran before with the old Land Rover White. Always running, always running. Against whom? The Time or maybe none. It was not nearly as nice and fun to go on. Antonio always followed behind with his car. The seats were two, but if you wanted to, even three, but Antonio always followed behind with her car. From the time I was lamenting the "President", because this fact just did not like. Nothing, nothing changed and always went down at high speed. Running, or almost. Even at that January 26 of 2006, now have more than eight years. We went all three together to Tsaplana (2681m). The weather was nice enough, the snow scarce, the pale sun and the cold air. A nice day trip to find the "Madonnina", a look up at the Punta Arpisson (3035m); the conditions were very good, but that's cold! Down to eat at the old Alpe Why, with a sun more "Christian" but mostly sheltered from the winds. Icy, as are those at the end of January. Then down to Dzimillan, where he resumes contact with life and with Men. There was none. all were closed in their house. The cold at nightfall of the day is felt even at Gimillan. Finally the car, with its warmth. I thought of that distant January 5, 1975 from here when I started to do the winter ascent of Emilius (3559m) and here, after sixteen hours, I was back. Or that other time we wanted to go for the first winter at the Great Roise (3357m), it seems to me after six/seven winters. My companions had been closed in the car at two in the morning and not coming down, while I hung around like a little crow around the fountain at the Bell tower. Waiting. Looking 2/3 meters high snow had put to sleep pretending not to hear. Here lay ahead a grueling twenty-four hours round trip. "But where are you going with all this snow?", Exclaimed the "Roby", fleetingly pulling down the window and then close it abruptly. The "Peppino" and the "Crevassino" I had not even bothered to reply, pretending to continue to sleep. I was angry. But what they thought, for the case to find the violets? Here we come to make a first winter ascent, not to photograph the snowdrops ...
"You are not longer what it once!" He thundered, "The President". And perhaps he was right ...



Even Our Lady of Tsaplana can make the Miracles, by Antonio


C'é chi crede ai miracoli e chi no. C'é chi Crede alla Madonna e chi no. Io vi racconto una Storia Vera di pochi anni fà. Poi Voi credete a ciò che vi piace e par. Non é più problema mio, ma Vostro. Era da un bel pò che Emilio sempre correva in discesa con il suo fuoristrada. Sulle strade asfaltate ma anche su quelle poderali sterrate, anche quando eran ghiacciate. C'era sempre una motivazione importante: la partita del Milan (era tifoso di questa squadra), una cena, una riunione di lavoro ecc. Sempre correvamo. Si correva in sù con il nuovo fuoristrada Mercedes color blù lord, come si correva prima col vecchio Land Rover Bianco. Sempre di corsa, perennemente di corsa. Contro chi? Il Tempo o forse nessuno. Non era quasi più bello e divertente andar via. Antonio seguiva dietro sempre con la sua auto. I posti erano due, ma, volevndo, anche tre, ma Antonio seguiva sempre dietro con la sua. Da tempo mi lamentavo con il "Presidente", perché questo fatto non mi piaceva affatto. Niente, nulla cambiava e sempre si scendeva ad alta velocità. Correndo, o quasi. Anche in quel 26 Gennaio del 2006, ormai sono più di otto anni. Eravamo andati tutti e tre insieme alla Tsaplana (2681 m). Il tempo era abbastanza bello, la neve scarsa, il sole pallido e l'aria gelata. Una bella gita a trovar la Madonnina, uno sguardo in alto verso la Punta di Arpisson (3035 m); le condizioni erano ottime, ma che freddo! Giù a mangiare presso l'antica Alpe Perché, con un sole più "Cristiano" ma soprattutto al riparo dai venti. Gelidi, come sono quelli di fin Gennaio. Poi giù a Dzimillan, dove si riprende il contatto con la Vita e con gli Uomini. Non c'era nessuno. Tutti s'eran rinchiusi in casa lor. Il freddo al calar del giorno si fà sentire anche a Gimillan. Finalmente all'auto, con il suo calore. Pensavo a quel lontano 5 gennaio del 1975 quando da qui ero partito per far l'invernale all'Emilius (3559 m) e qui, dopo sedici ore, ero tornato. Oppure a quell'altra volta che volevamo andar fare la prima invernale alla Grande Roise (3357 m), mi par sei/sette inverni dopo. I miei compagni eran rimasti chiusi in macchina alle ore due di notte e non scendevano, mentre gironzolavo com'un corvetto attorno alla fontana presso il Campanile. Aspettando. Guardando i 2/3 metri di neve alta s'eran messi a dormir facendo finta di non sentir. Qui si prospettava una faticata di ventiquattro ore tra andata e ritorno. "Ma dove cavolo vuoi andare con tutta sta neve?", aveva esclamato il "Roby", tirando giù fugacemente il finestrino per poi chiuderlo repentinamente. Il "Peppino" ed il "Crevassino" neppur m'avevan degnato di risposta, facendo finta di continuar dormire. M'ero arrabbiato. Cosa pensavan, per caso di trovar violette? Siam venuti far 'na prima invernale, mica a fotografar bucaneve ...
"Non sei più quello d'una volta!", tuonò "Il Presidente". E, forse, aveva proprio ragione ...




Miracles are a Legend?




Over the years you learn to sell the Skin expensive or, better, to sell one's life dearly. Unfortunately is only one ... So I thought as we descended fast, now the fall of the Evening, on the road from Cogne Aymavilles and then down to Aosta. We had immediately distanced Antonio, that coming down. Prudent. After all past situations in life, dying in the car was really a stupid thing, I thought reflecting on yet another "race". But the Devil, who knows to read the thoughts, immediately intervened proving once alive and present. Just after the waterfall Sylvenoire and before a tunnel, a winding road the car squirted as a bar of soap, with the rear wheel on the frozen edge, from right to left against the stone wall opposite. Like a tennis ball back right "screwing" itself over the guard rail in the horizontal axis with the same. From the window to the right, where I was, I saw the overhang to eighty feet above the Grand'Eyvia, the highest point below the road. The huge boulders into the river below and seemed wide open Mouth of Hell. Coldly I thought, "I died ...". Instead the low guard rail made elastic resistance throwing again us on the other side always against the wall. Then the Mercedes, snaking, sat down in the road with Emilio incorporating laboriously control. While on the other side came the bus to Cogne.




We stopped two miles after, near the Bridge Laval at a clearing. Arriving Antonio shouted: "A car is flown down in the creek". A few days before the newspapers had told of a truck that had fallen down in Torrent Grand'Eyvia, but more in low by a flight of "only" about twenty meters. Then looking at the damage of our bodywork, pale said: "Are you?". There not were more words and, going by car, we continued to go down. Do not think I ever had a fear so great in my life. The days and nights later confirmed it to me. For many months I have dreamed of this. The Nightmare lasted for many months by shaking the Sleep with strange Dreams. A nightmare almost infinite. Then even that is gone, along with the Devil ...
I always believed in that moment the "Madonnina" of Tsaplana thought to Us. But you can continue to believe in what You want ...




"Never forget that you are One Step away from Sky & Great Heaven", by Paolo Olietti

Col passar degli Anni s'impara vender cara la Pellaccia. Daltronde ce n'é 'na sola ... Così pensavo mentre scendevamo veloci, ormai al calare della Sera, sulla strada che da Cogne scende ad Aymavilles e poi ad Aosta. Avevamo subito distanziato Antonio, che scendeva. Prudente. Dopo tutte le situazioni passate nella Vita, morir in macchina era davvero cosa stupida, pensavo riflettendo sull'ennesima "corsa". Ma il Diavolo, che sà leggere nei pensieri, subito intervenne facendosi vivo. Appena dopo la Cascata di Sylvenoire e prima d'una galleria, ad un tornante la macchina schizzò come una saponetta, con la ruota posteriore su d'un bordo ghiacciato, da destra verso sinistra contro il muro in pietra opposto. Come una pallina di tennis tornò a destra "avvitandosi" sopra il guard rail in asse orizzontale con il medesimo. Dal finestrino di destra, dov'io ero, vidi lo strapiombo ad ottanta metri sopra la Grand'Eyvia, nel punto più alto al di sotto della strada. Gli enormi macigni sottostanti e dentro il fiume sembravano la bocca spalancata dell'Inferno. Freddamente pensai: "Sono morto ...". Invece il basso guard rail fece resistenza elastica ributtandoci di nuovo dall'altra parte sempre contro il muro. Poi il Mercedes, serpeggiando, si mise a scendere in mezzo alla strada con Emilio che riprendeva faticosamente il controllo. Mentre dalla parte opposta arrivava il Bus per Cogne.




Ci fermammo due Kilometri dopo, al Ponte di Laval presso uno spiazzo. Arrivando Antonio gridava: "Una macchina é volata giù nel torrente!". Qualche giorno prima i giornali avevan riportato d'un autocarro ch'era caduto giù nella Grand'Eyvia, ma più in basso facendo un volo di "soli" venti metri. Poi guardando i danni della carrozzeria, impallidendo disse: "Siete voi?". Non ci furon più parole e, salendo in auto, riprendemmo a scendere. Non credo d'aver mai provato Paura così grande in Vita mia. I giorni e le notti successive lo confermarono. L'Incubo durò per molti mesi agitando il Sonno con strani Sogni. Un incubo quasi infinito. Poi anche questo è sparito, insieme al Diavolo ...
Ho sempre creduto che in quel momento la Madonnina della Tsaplana avesse pensato a Noi. Ma Voi continuate pure a creder in ciò che volete ...






Comments

No comments posted yet.