Viewing: 1-6 of 6
Andino

Andino - Oct 19, 2007 2:55 pm - Voted 10/10

Excellent work...

Dan !

Nanuls

Nanuls - Oct 21, 2007 2:42 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Excellent work...

merci Antoine!

Klenke

Klenke - Oct 23, 2007 2:12 am - Voted 10/10

Hewitts List needs prominence column

I like the page, but why not include the prominences for the Hewitts (the first list on the page) as well, in a separate column? Maybe the prominence isn't known for all of them. But it could be included for those that are known.

I think I know, but what exactly is "re-ascent"?

Nanuls

Nanuls - Oct 23, 2007 4:32 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Hewitts List needs prominence column

Hi there thanks for your interest. I do know the prominance of these mountains, and I could include it. The reason I didn't is because I've made a similar list for Wales and didn't know the prominance of them, so for continuities sake I left them out of th English list. If I find the prominance of the Welsh mountains I'll go back and change everything, what do you think?

Re-ascent is really just another word for prominance, but only applies when you have two or more summits as part of the same mountain. For example, Y Lliwedd in Wales has two summits of roughly the same height. The prminance of the highest summit is around 200m, and the re-acent that would be needed to visit the second summit is around 20m. I think thats clearish...

Cheers
Dan

Augie Medina

Augie Medina - Oct 23, 2007 2:35 pm - Voted 10/10

Nice Job

Clear criteria and great layout.

Augie from California

Nanuls

Nanuls - Oct 24, 2007 5:24 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Nice Job

Cheers Augie! Much appreciated

Dan

Viewing: 1-6 of 6
Return to 'The Mountains of England' main page