The Norman Clyde exhibit in...

The Norman Clyde exhibit in...

The Norman Clyde exhibit in the Eastern Sierra Museum in the town of Independence.
Tom Kenney
on Nov 13, 2003 7:08 pm
Image ID: 33075

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-3 of 3
bearbnz

bearbnz - Nov 13, 2003 7:59 pm - Hasn't voted

Is that the best...

...they can do for one of the Sierra's most prolific climber/mountaineer? Nice photo of a well-executed dulfersitz in the background though. Glad I've never had to resort to that...

Tom Kenney

Tom Kenney - Nov 13, 2003 8:18 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Is that the best...

Yeah...the sitz looks quite painful, but that was when men were men (but not for long if they did that to themselves).



The museum had precious little room and a LOT of stuff from a broad spectrum of subjects: natural history and amerind history, old license plates, machinery, photos, furniture, boilers, a huge music box (that played platters rather than drums), and a very extensive archive of old Inyo County records. I, too, was a little disappointed to see such a small exhibit (he's one of my heroes!) but they had a lot of stuff on lots of other climbers in the archives.

Dave Daly

Dave Daly - Dec 5, 2003 9:30 am - Voted 10/10

Re: Is that the best...

Tom-



Yep. One of my heros too!! Along with Bestor Robinson, Walt "Pete" Starr Jr., Smoke Blanchard and Jules Eichorn. Recently spoke with Glen Dawson over the phone. Too bad his memory is failing. All men of character!! Iimagine a good chunk of Clyde's belongs are archieved at the Bancroft Library in Berkley.

Viewing: 1-3 of 3