Viewing: 1-5 of 5
imontop

imontop - Jul 18, 2009 1:02 am - Voted 10/10

Wow!

That is a great route. Ok, so here's my plan. I'll be at Timothy Lakes in two weeks. Climb up to Trailrider, over to Painter and bag both the King's. Then on the way back, drop below Trailrider to the west and bag N. Timothy. What do you think? The ony real elevation gain will be up to Trailrider in the first 2.75 miles.

ZeeJay

ZeeJay - Jul 18, 2009 10:47 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Wow!

Thanks! I think you will have a great trip. The ridge between Trail Rider Peak and N Timothy is really cool looking. An alternative to climbing S Kings and Painter twice to get Kings would be to skip those and do Roberts, and some subset of the 3 Emmons. I'm thinking about doing this myself sometime, starting with Roberts though and then heading south.

At the beginning of the Swift Creek Tr there is an obvious bridge. About 3.5 and 4.5 miles into it are two creek crossings. Scott's description indicates there are bridges. I've seen no sign of any bridges. If you see one let me know.

imontop

imontop - Jul 18, 2009 4:07 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Wow!

Yeah, I was thinking about grabbing Emmons, N. Emmons and Roberts in a day, starting with Emmons. My problem is, my buddy, SP member Trailsloth, has never been on Kings, so I'd like to get him on it this trip. This will be my first time up into the Timothy area, so we'll see how it goes. I'll let you know about the bridges.

Moogie737

Moogie737 - Jul 25, 2009 6:25 pm - Voted 10/10

Great description of a challeging day trip

As usual you did an outstanding job of describing in detail what's necessary to accomplish this route. Too bad that you have whetted my appetite to try it. It's just what I don't need right now! :)

ZeeJay

ZeeJay - Jul 27, 2009 3:37 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Great description of a challeging day trip

I appreciate your comments Michael.

Viewing: 1-5 of 5
Return to 'The Northern 4 Peaks' main page